Windows 10: If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

Discus and support If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My brother got a new laptop and I have his old one. Basically, I want to change the password but I think it might change his microsoft password. I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HaCh42, Dec 28, 2019.

1. HaCh42 Win User

If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

My brother got a new laptop and I have his old one. Basically, I want to change the password but I think it might change his microsoft password. I have had this laptop for a year and I don't want to make a new account with my email because there is way to much stuff on this account. Thanks

:)

HaCh42, Dec 28, 2019

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 28, 2019
  4. If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

Change of laptop password

Until two days ago I had a password to access my laptop. It was different from my other passwords.

Two days ago my laptop password was changed to my Microsoft one. I didn't change it & I don't believe I clicked on anything to give Microsoft permission to change my existing laptop password or override it with something else.

Has anyone else had this experience?

How do I change my laptop password back and if I do will Microsoft/Windows just change it again?

Karenslost, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

1. If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password? - Similar Threads - change laptop password

2. I want to change my laptop password with out changing my Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to change my laptop password with out changing my Microsoft account password: When ever i try to change my device password, it automatically take me to changing Microsoft account password, can anyone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-laptop-password-with-out/b3c32cc6-9e14-4527-9d71-e8327e63ea4c
  3. I want to change my laptop password with out changing my Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my laptop password with out changing my Microsoft account password: When ever i try to change my device password, it automatically take me to changing Microsoft account password, can anyone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-laptop-password-with-out/b3c32cc6-9e14-4527-9d71-e8327e63ea4c
  4. I want to change my laptop password with out changing my Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. If i change my microsoft password, does that alo change my windows password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i change my microsoft password, does that alo change my windows password?: If i change my microsoft password, does that alo change my windows password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-change-my-microsoft-password-does-that-alo/accd88f8-4c7e-4ce9-a686-1d7ee2b3a5dc
  6. If i change my microsoft password, does that alo change my windows password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i change my microsoft password, does that alo change my windows password?: If i change my microsoft password, does that alo change my windows password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-change-my-microsoft-password-does-that-alo/accd88f8-4c7e-4ce9-a686-1d7ee2b3a5dc
  7. How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my laptop without changing the password on my Microsoft...: I forgot my password and i can have logged into my microsoft linked account but i’m not sure how to change the password for my laptop. Whenever I do change the password it changes my microsoft one. How do I change the dam laptop one. Please Help* Moved from Research* Original...
  8. Changing my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing my password: I'm wondering if I decide to change my password will I still be able to access my stuff on my device's right away after it is changed. Is it normal to have a problem getting access to my account after making a change. See I want to change it, but if I'm going to have problems...
  9. Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?: I hadn't used Skype in a while, so when I logged into it to do a radio show interview, it required a password reset. Evidently, when I reset my Skype password, it also reset my Microsoft account password. Does that mean for all devices? I tried the help desk and got no...
  10. Microsoft changing my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft changing my password: I`m sorry if this isn`t the right topic but I couldn`t find anything else more appropiate , so here I go . I created a microsoft account to use skype like years ago , but since I moved to other apps I am not using skype anymore , therefore not using microsoft that much...