Windows 10: if I change the hard drive I lose my windows?

Discus and support if I change the hard drive I lose my windows? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new hard drive for my computer with more capacity, my problem is, if I change the hard drive I lose my windows? Do I have to buy the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ang_collinsr, Dec 21, 2018.

1. if I change the hard drive I lose my windows?

I bought a new hard drive for my computer with more capacity, my problem is, if I change the hard drive I lose my windows? Do I have to buy the windows again? Is there any way to use the same license that I have on the old hard drive?

:)

ang_collinsr, Dec 21, 2018
  2. badrobot Win User

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. if I change the hard drive I lose my windows? :)

badrobot, Dec 21, 2018
  3. little cat, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Marco Gav Win User

if I change the hard drive I lose my windows?

unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

if I change the hard drive I lose my windows?

1. if I change the hard drive I lose my windows? - Similar Threads - change hard drive

2. If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?: Hello, I recently just added an SSD to my pc build. Before, I had everything on an HDD, including windows. If I reinstall windows onto the SSD will I lose all my files and data that I previously had on the HDD?...
  3. If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?: Hello, I recently just added an SSD to my pc build. Before, I had everything on an HDD, including windows. If I reinstall windows onto the SSD will I lose all my files and data that I previously had on the HDD?...
  4. If I reinstall windows on a different drive will I lose my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will I lose my product key if I change drives?

Will I lose my product key if I change drives?: Hey guys! I finished building my pc yesterday and I installed windows via usb onto my nvme samsung 970 evo with the free Windows 10 Edu product key given to me from my college. After trying everything I could find, my boot up time was still 30 seconds long. I plan to get a...
  6. how do i change my main hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change my main hard drive?: the hard drive i've been using for now is full and i cant really delete any files from it either. i've watched many youtube vids on how to change it, but my settings window looks different from theirs... help please x submitted by /u/Axesmed [link] [comments]...
  7. Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives?

Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives?: I am currently download Windows 10 media from the media creator onto my USB and I am planning to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. And I'm very sure once you boot into the Windows 10 Installer you get the option to format your hard drives. So, my question is: Will I lose my...
  8. Did I lose A External Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did I lose A External Hard Drive?: Okay so basically I just bought an external USB hardrive so I can have more space for my PS4/Desktop. I first used it a little on my PC [worked fine] Then used it on my PS4. It told me I had to Format it [which I did] But now I can’t use it on my PC anymore, the plugged in...
  9. If I plug in my D hard drive, I lose my network?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I plug in my D hard drive, I lose my network?!?!: Folks, Here's the background: Computer has an Asus M5A88-M motherboard, with an AMD FX-8350 cpu. It had been running Win7/64. It has two harddrives, an SSD Samsung 850 evo (C drive) and a WD Black spinner (D drive). In Win7 I was unable to get the SSD into AHCI mode....
  10. How do I change the hard drive without losing the Windows install.

How do I change the hard drive without losing the Windows install.: My girlfriends computer has a hard drive that shows as having faults on the computer health scan. I would like to swap out the hard drive for another but obviously don't want to lose the Windows 10 installation. The computer had Windows 8 pre-installed and she later upgraded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i format a hdd does windows license disappear

2. will i lose windows 10 if i change harddrive

3. if i change my harddrive will i lose windows 10

4. if i change my hard drive will i lose my windows license,
  5. change hard drive windows phone