Windows 10: If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice.

Discus and support If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have Office 2010 with Win 10 Pro. If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice. Here's how I open the DOCX file: - R-click on the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by OldGrantonian, Sep 2, 2019.

1. If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice.

I have Office 2010 with Win 10 Pro.

If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice.

Here's how I open the DOCX file:

- R-click on the DOCX file
    - Click Open With
    - MS Word is in the list, but ignore it (see later).
    - Click Choose Another App
    - Click MS-Word
    - Check "Always use this app..." (the earlier option would not display the check box).

The selected file opens. Close Word.

L-click on the DOCX file. The file opens in LibreOffice.

The above actions can be done immediately after a reboot, or a normal boot - but L-click never opens the file in Word.

I would appreciate any advice.

Footnote: I like to keep LibreOffice installed and updated, so I can practice occasionally in case MS stop supporting Office 2010.
    Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, Sep 2, 2019
  2. tbrcrl Win User

Unable to open .docx files created in LibreOffice

Hello, I am using Skydrive also to sync LibreOffice files between my PC and my Windows Phone 7.5.
    The .docx files are the only ones that Windows Phone 7.5 is able to edit.
    I noticed that if a .docx file is created OR modified with Libre Office it cannot be opened on Windows Phone 7.5, and the following error message appears "Can't open "file_name" has been damaged and can't be opened"
    Somebody knows
    > if Windows Phone 7.5 recognizes that the file has been created / modified by Libre Office and stop the use of such file on the phone
    > if it is a compatibility problem between the .docx formats of Word and of Libre Office?
    Any suggestion for a workaround?

Thanks

tbr

tbrcrl, Sep 2, 2019
  3. tbrcrl Win User
    Unable to open .docx files created in LibreOffice

The situation is as follows

.docx file created in Word
    > Readable in Word YES
    > Readable in Skydrive PC with WordWebbApp YES
    > Readable in Skydrive mobile with Word mobile YES
    > Readable in LibreOffice YES

.docx file created in LibreOffice

> Readable in Word YES
    > Readable in Skydrive mobile with Word mobile NO (can't open)

.docx file created in WordWebbApp Skydrive

> Readable in Word YES

.docx filoe created in WordWebbApp PC

> Readable in Word YES

So it seems that
    > Windows Phone 7.5 recognizes that the file has been created / modified by Libre Office and stop the use of such file on the phone
    OR
    > there is a compatibility problem between the .docx formats of Word mobile and of Libre Office

tbrcrl, Sep 2, 2019
  4. If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice.

LibreOffice?

Hello All:

The new version of win10: 1809-17763.437 has published.

BUT my office2007 persists the old disease: can not save the new file *.docx.

Friends suggested me to use LibreOffice. Please tell me the DOWNLOAD

place and your experience.

Thanks! -- Zhao

HonglinZhao, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice.

1. If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice. - Similar Threads - click DOCX file

2. I actually have an NBT file and I mistakenly opened it with notepad and clicked always use...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I actually have an NBT file and I mistakenly opened it with notepad and clicked always use...: I want it to be changed into unkown .nbt fileand if i again click on it it should appear that open with these applications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-actually-have-an-nbt-file-and-i-mistakenly/ec5809e0-2627-4bad-8ab6-51fd101e0f0b
  3. I actually have an NBT file and I mistakenly opened it with notepad and clicked always use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I actually have an NBT file and I mistakenly opened it with notepad and clicked always use...: I want it to be changed into unkown .nbt fileand if i again click on it it should appear that open with these applications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-actually-have-an-nbt-file-and-i-mistakenly/ec5809e0-2627-4bad-8ab6-51fd101e0f0b
  4. I accidently click on "always open with..." on a .SAV file type and now I can't save with...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidently click on "always open with..." on a .SAV file type and now I can't save with...: The problem is as the tittle states: Additional info, when I go to save a .SAV file, it just open up with "How do you want to save open this file". Am I unable to save .SAV file type anymore from this and would just have to open it with something compatible like word press...
  5. How do I change the app that opens a file type after already clicking "Always Open with...

How do I change the app that opens a file type after already clicking "Always Open with...: So I meant to click on a different app when I used "Open with" and I accidentally clicked on MS Word, and "Always open with this app" was checked. I want to change what app opens JSON files, and I can't figure it out. When I right-click it, Open With is no longer an option....
  6. Worried about a .docx file I opened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Worried about a .docx file I opened: Recently I opened a .docx file that I probably shouldn't have. I've done scans with Bitdefender, Malwarebytes and full Windows defender scans, they all came up clean. I permanently deleted the file before I could check if there was a .exe extension. I wasn't prompted to...
  7. Opening .docx and .xlsx

Opening .docx and .xlsx: If I click on one of these files types in Windows Explorer is crashes and goes to 'Not Responding' every time. I have repaired, reset, reinstalled, sfc /scannow. Nothing works. Come on Microsoft, what is the issue here. I have seen many, many people asking for a solution...
  8. Warning on default app opening docx file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Warning on default app opening docx file: I upgraded my 8.1 laptop to 10 about 2 weeks ago now. Basically all is OK, but I do run in to quirks here and there. The latest one is that whenever I dbl-click a .docx (or a .doc) on the desktop or in filemanager, I get the warning below. It nonetheless opens the file...
  9. Error msg when opening DOCX from File Explorer - but it opens ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Error msg when opening DOCX from File Explorer - but it opens ?: Sometimes when I double click a DOCX in file explorer to open it in Word 2010 I get this message [img] But Word opens the file OK. If I close Word and double click it again it's OK. It's not a particular DOCX, it happens on any DOCX. But it appears to be any DOCX on...
  10. Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize

in Windows 10 Support
    Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize: I'm wondering if someone has seen this problem. I've been running MS Office 2007 on Windows 10 for over six months with no problems. Now all of a sudden, Word will not open to full screen, but remains minimized on the task bar. And there is nothing that I can to to maximize...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can libre office open docx files