Windows 10: If I click on a word doc, warning says Office is updating for 10 hours.

Discus and support If I click on a word doc, warning says Office is updating for 10 hours. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since this morning, if I try to open a recent Word doc, created in Win10 .docx, I get an orange window advising that Office is updating. I can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paulndr, Jan 21, 2021.

1. paulndr Win User

If I click on a word doc, warning says Office is updating for 10 hours.

Since this morning, if I try to open a recent Word doc, created in Win10 .docx, I get an orange window advising that Office is updating. I can't find any way to see a progress bar. It's been going on all day, at least 10 hours! After trying to open Word and getting the warning, there's a delay and then another warning opens Winword.exe saying "the application was unable to start correctly" and it gives a memory or disk address.

When will this end? What am I meant to do? Can I stop this safely?

:)

paulndr, Jan 21, 2021
  2. srj123 Win User

Word docs

many thanks for responding and trying to help me. the problem is that all of the docs in various folders that were word docs are no longer word docs - they only open on wordpad (and so parts of the docs cannot be seen). does anyone know why that would
    happen?

I actually don't know if I have a current subscription to office.

thanks again for any help anyone can give

srj123, Jan 21, 2021
  3. sttubs Win User
    accidental Word doc closed

I was working on a Word doc (office 2007) & accidentally closed the document. Am I totally screwed or is there a way to recall it?

sttubs, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Time Lady Win User

Word docs

Hi,

If you right click on one of the doc files & choose open with is Word listed?

Do you have a current subscription to Office?

Time Lady, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. If I click on a word doc, warning says Office is updating for 10 hours. - Similar Threads - click word doc

2. MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING: on click MS word or excel, says NOT RESPONDING- and takes about 3 minutes to open the application. happens every time I try to open the application. Is it fault of Windows 10 pro OR Office 2013...
  3. MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING: on click MS word or excel, says NOT RESPONDING- and takes about 3 minutes to open the application. happens every time I try to open the application. Is it fault of Windows 10 pro OR Office 2013...
  4. MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Double click does not open word docs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open word docs: hiWindows 11, files on onedrive.When Double clicking with my mouse, I get the egg timer, but nothing happens, the only way to open docs is to right click and open, or to use the enter key. its got nothing to do with my mouse speed, my batteries, or my mouse driver.any ideas?...
  6. Double click does not open word docs

Double click does not open word docs: hiWindows 11, files on onedrive.When Double clicking with my mouse, I get the egg timer, but nothing happens, the only way to open docs is to right click and open, or to use the enter key. its got nothing to do with my mouse speed, my batteries, or my mouse driver.any ideas?...
  7. Word icons missing from Word docs in Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word icons missing from Word docs in Office 2019: 1.New ThinkPad X1 Carbon with Windows 10 2.Installed Office 2010 - everything fine 3.Installed Office 2019 still all good 4.Uninstalled Word and Excel 2010 - no problems 5.After some weeks Office 2019 turned into Office 2016 and Word docs became generic plain icons but still...
  8. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  9. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  10. Viewing a Word Doc without Office

Viewing a Word Doc without Office: How can I view and possibly print a Word Doc in Google Docs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/viewing-a-word-doc-without-office/f6a6b4ab-7b9f-4023-b4c5-666fa5da885e