Windows 10: If I clone a disc does it just copy programmas and apps I have

Discus and support If I clone a disc does it just copy programmas and apps I have in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I clone a disc with Acronis true home image .Does it just copy programmas and apps I have installed? This would save me a lot of time if this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hollyoaks777, Nov 8, 2015.

1. If I clone a disc does it just copy programmas and apps I have

If I clone a disc with Acronis true home image .Does it just copy programmas and apps I have installed? This would save me a lot of time if this is true. For example if I have Windows 10 Home installed when I backed it up and installed pro, would it keep my windows 10 professional licence and Office Etc. On to my new install. Thank you in advance.

:)

hollyoaks777, Nov 8, 2015
  2. Babu V Win User

How do I know if I have reserved a copy? I click the upgrade link and nothing happens. The screen remains on the click this link page.

Hi Todd,

As you are unable to upgrade to Windows 10 through reservation app, you can try to upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO file. Use the following media creation tool to download the ISO file.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Also refer to this link: Can I keep my settings when I upgrade to Windows 10?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/can-i-keep-my-settings-when-i-upgrade-to-windows-10

Hope the information provided is helpful.

Babu V, Nov 8, 2015
  3. How do I know if I have reserved a copy? I click the upgrade link and nothing happens. The screen remains on the click this link page.

Original Title: windows 10

How do I know if I have reserved a copy? I click the upgrade link and nothing happens. The screen remains on the click this link page.

ToddGlines, Nov 8, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

If I clone a disc does it just copy programmas and apps I have

Yes, Acronis can be used to clone the disk (make an exact copy on another disk). This is done for backup as well as upgrade to a larger disk or SSD. Because this is a change in hardware, you will have to activate Windows again, but after doing that you can use your installation as it was in the original disk. It's a good idea to clone the disk as backup before trying something new.

spapakons, Nov 8, 2015
  5. Do you mean clone the disc to external hard drive first before I try it?

hollyoaks777, Nov 8, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Clone the disk to external (USB) or a second internal disk (SATA). Then keep that as backup and do your tests. If something goes wrong, you can clone the disk back to the original. If you want to change to a larger disk or SSD, clone to the new disk and then replace the original disk with the new. In that case you will need to activate Windows again.

spapakons, Nov 8, 2015
  7. OK going to try it now. Never done it before, but I have backups. Thanks

It's not responding and it's Acronis True Home Image 2016 full version.

If I clone a disc does it just copy programmas and apps I have [​IMG]

hollyoaks777, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

If I clone a disc does it just copy programmas and apps I have

1. If I clone a disc does it just copy programmas and apps I have - Similar Threads - clone disc does

2. Hello... I just bought a new copy of Gears of War for PC on disc. I can not run it on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello... I just bought a new copy of Gears of War for PC on disc. I can not run it on my...: I bought a copy of Gears of War for my Windows 11 system. The game is a Gears of War disc copy for PC OS Windows XP & Windows Vista. I have Windows 11. I tried to launch with compatibility mode for Windows XP and Windows Vista. The game does not work with those compatibility...
  3. Hello... I just bought a new copy of Gears of War for PC on disc. I can not run it on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello... I just bought a new copy of Gears of War for PC on disc. I can not run it on my...: I bought a copy of Gears of War for my Windows 11 system. The game is a Gears of War disc copy for PC OS Windows XP & Windows Vista. I have Windows 11. I tried to launch with compatibility mode for Windows XP and Windows Vista. The game does not work with those compatibility...
  4. Does Win32/Sality.AT on disc infect by just reading disc?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Win32/Sality.AT on disc infect by just reading disc?: I inserted a disc in my PC that windows defender said had win32/sality.at virus. I did not install anything from the disc. I let defender do it’s thing and then did deep scans and all seem clear.Looking in protection history however it appears a few times. One says it was...
  5. Disc cloning and volume extension

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disc cloning and volume extension: I used Macrium yesterday to clone a 512 SSD onto a new 1TB SSD, using the default clone settings. This was my first time ever cloning and I was not aware that it would leave the rest of the space unallocated. After reading more about it, it became clear that I should not have...
  6. Why can I not just copy my entire OneDrive to a disc for backup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I not just copy my entire OneDrive to a disc for backup?: With Office365 Professional I have a 1TB OneDrive. I use that as my normal working environment and keep all my files here. My used storage on the OneDrive is at present 72,4GB. I would like to have a certain backup routine where I with some frequency make a copy of my...
  7. disc copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disc copy: How can I copy a disc from windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-copy/2d6d040d-3ca1-426f-9e9e-88aa78b9d395"
  8. does anyone have a problem installing an apps disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    does anyone have a problem installing an apps disc: we bought a new computer last April. We had no use to use the cd/dvd tray . Our printer installed No problem. I went to download the intro dvd (with the extra features) for the printer, and it does nothing. Is there a button or something that I should be setting before I...
  9. Disc Lettering AFter Cloning

Disc Lettering AFter Cloning: I am cloning my C drive to an external USB drive. I will replace the C drive with a new, larger hard drive. Should I change the letter of the new drive to C before cloning to it from the external drive? 102911
  10. did a disc clone instead of a system clone

did a disc clone instead of a system clone: Just got a new Lenovo computer and fitted an SSD. I then cloned it using EaseUS Todo backup free edition. I performed a disc clone when I should have used a system clone. The PC still works but the file system has changed, haven't tried to manually boot to the SSD as I now...