Windows 10: If I completely wipe everything on my SSD, can I use the same windows license key that I...

Discus and support If I completely wipe everything on my SSD, can I use the same windows license key that I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have some adware on my authentic windows 10 computer that isn't detected by security programs. It just plays advertisements on low volume 24/7 so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/salwoo, Oct 13, 2020.

1. /u/salwoo Win User

If I completely wipe everything on my SSD, can I use the same windows license key that I...

I have some adware on my authentic windows 10 computer that isn't detected by security programs. It just plays advertisements on low volume 24/7 so I tried to factory reset it but I can still hear it when Windows is loading on the login screen and after I log into my computer. If I erase everything on my SSD, install an inauthentic version of windows using a USB, can I use original windows 10 license key to install the authentic version on the computer again? Or will I have to buy a new license key...?

submitted by /u/salwoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/salwoo, Oct 13, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond If I completely wipe everything on my SSD, can I use the same windows license key that I... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 13, 2020
  3. How to wipe a SSD Clean

Hey guys I was wondering if you could tell me how to completely wipe a SSD of an os?

ChewyBrownSuga, Oct 13, 2020
  4. joke4me Win User

If I completely wipe everything on my SSD, can I use the same windows license key that I...

Need to upgrade SSD to a larger SSD, how to move license over?

I have purchased an OEM laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. The laptop packaging box or label on the back of the laptop did not have a Window 10 product key listed anywhere. However I've found the product key from command line like so which gives me a
    25 digit key

I also used the following command to verify my Window 10 is indeed an OEM license and that it's genuine which gives me something like this https://filestore.community.support...54e99-2fc8-4e0f-a015-77c41424c2f2?upload=true

This laptop comes with a 256GB SSD and I need to upgrade it to a larger SSD, maybe 500GB or 1TB SSD. However I'm not clear about how the license is tied to this laptop and what happens if I upgrade to a new SSD?

1. I prefer to perform a fresh re-install from a bootable USB rather than clone. Will a clean re-install work with the same product key on the new SSD or do I have to clone the old SSD to the new SSD to retain the license?
    2. Is the license tied to some sort of machine ID and not the SSD that even after changing the SSD, the same product key can still be used to activate Windows 10?
    3. What if the activation does not work, will Microsoft be able to help? I don't want to risk changing the SSD if this sort of thing is not officially allowed by Microsoft

joke4me, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. If I completely wipe everything on my SSD, can I use the same windows license key that I... - Similar Threads - completely wipe everything

2. how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.: Hi,Please could you send me directions to completely wipe everything from my laptop so that I can give it to someone else without needing to sign into my account. It is a Hp stream laptop....
  3. how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.: Hi,Please could you send me directions to completely wipe everything from my laptop so that I can give it to someone else without needing to sign into my account. It is a Hp stream laptop....
  4. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive: I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two different languages and when it came back after reset it still gave me the option of those two languages, which makes me worry...
  5. How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?: Hey community!I recently bought an Intel NUC and it came with a SATA SSD, RAM-modules and sticker with what seems to be a Windows 10 license. I installed instead my formatted M.2 SSD and my old RAM-modules and did a fresh install of W10. When it came the activation moment I...
  6. CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY: Recently , I bought a new ssd , i have original windows installed in my hdd , so can I install the windows on ssd using the same product key that of in hdd? Is it possible , and both hdd and ssd are in same device , plz help...
  7. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  8. How do I completely wipe Windows 10 but keep the license key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I completely wipe Windows 10 but keep the license key?: I Have windows 10 pro, I want to know how to reset it without having to enter the windows key again, I know I can wipe my ssd and just do it with the free iso thing but that asks you to 'activate windows'. Is there a method to just clear windows but keep my exact version of...
  9. Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?: My original boot drive died so I have to buy a new one. Can I use my old key on a new drive? It will be in the same PC. submitted by /u/JaquariousLaFonte [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frmmcz/can_i_used_the_same_windows_10_key_twice/
  10. how can I wipe my SSD clean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I wipe my SSD clean?: On my computer, I have an SSD that was originally for a Vista computer. I'd like to wipe it clean to either toss it out or save it for future use. However is it a good idea to save it for future use? --- Do modern SSD's have better technology and performance? Either way,...