Windows 10: If I delete a login from my computer will I lose my files?

Discus and support If I delete a login from my computer will I lose my files? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 Microsoft logins on my computer if I delete one of them will I lose all of my files? What files will I lose, and will I lose some of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stephaniespann, Jun 29, 2020.

1. If I delete a login from my computer will I lose my files?

I have 2 Microsoft logins on my computer if I delete one of them will I lose all of my files? What files will I lose, and will I lose some of my programs?

Please respond back to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

stephaniespann, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

I can't login to my computer

Hi,

We just want to follow up on your concern since we noticed that it's been more than 72 hours since you posted it. Are you still unable to login to your computer? This could be happening due to some corrupted system files. Since this only happened after installing
    an update, we suggest rolling back the update by following these steps:

• In the login screen, click the Power button on the bottom right corner.
    • Hold the Shift key and click Restart.
    • Once you get to the Recovery screen, choose See advanced repair options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click System Restore and use it to go back to a point in time before the update was installed.
    • You can then try to reinstall the update to see if the error disappears. If the same thing happens again, you may follow the steps in this

article
      to prevent the update from reinstalling.

Let us know if you're able to login properly after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

If I delete a login from my computer will I lose my files?

I cant login to my pc

We recommend deleting your temporary files. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %temp%.
    • Hit Enter.
    • You can see this files below:

If I delete a login from my computer will I lose my files? 2caa5183-1865-4792-8366-0f364dc557ae.jpg
    • Press Ctrl key + A, to select all.
    • Right-click and select Delete.
    We suggest deleting the temporary files from your Recycle Bin too.

If it fails, we suggest cleaning boot your computer. Here are the steps how to perform clean boot your PC, click

here

Keep us posted.

Ernie San, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

If I delete a login from my computer will I lose my files?

1. If I delete a login from my computer will I lose my files? - Similar Threads - delete login computer

2. I deleted a user from my computer. I kept their user files. Now I want to delete their user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted a user from my computer. I kept their user files. Now I want to delete their user...: Would apps have any trouble? I can't set up hello security recognition because there is another user saved. If I delete appdata would it solve the problem...
  3. How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files: I had some pretty heavy files on my computer and for the sake of keeping them on somewhere where I could get them on other devices once I changed my main pc i uploaded these files to icloud drive using the icloud app. But now icloud’s basically drained up my pc’s storage and...
  4. How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files: I had some pretty heavy files on my computer and for the sake of keeping them on somewhere where I could get them on other devices once I changed my main pc i uploaded these files to icloud drive using the icloud app. But now icloud’s basically drained up my pc’s storage and...
  5. How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I accidentally deleted Bluetooth from my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally deleted Bluetooth from my computer: I was trying to delete bluetooth devices to help my headphone connection, and accidentally deleted bluetooth altogether. It's not in 'hidden devices' and it no longer appears anywhere else. I'm working with windows 10 and I know next to nothing about computers and I don't...
  7. I accidentally deleted Bluetooth from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted Bluetooth from my computer: I was trying to delete bluetooth devices to help my headphone connection, and accidentally deleted bluetooth altogether. It's not in 'hidden devices' and it no longer appears anywhere else. I'm working with windows 10 and I know next to nothing about computers and I don't...
  8. I accidentally deleted Bluetooth from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. I deleted my hosts file in the computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I deleted my hosts file in the computer.: I deleted my hosts file in the computer. How do I replace or retreat it. The administrative system is not allowing me to place a text file in the 'etc' folder. What should I do? If you could provide a link to download the host file or another solution it would be...
  10. Why when I restart my computer I lose all my files ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why when I restart my computer I lose all my files ?: when I push the button to restart my computer ,for an upgrade on one of my apps that needs to restart to install, i will lose all my contents of my folders like pictures , documents, downloads . I need help to fix this problem....