Windows 10: If I delete a Windows 10 Update before 10 days, will it rollback to the previous version??

Discus and support If I delete a Windows 10 Update before 10 days, will it rollback to the previous version?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having storage problems again after installing an update. And I need to delete it, else it will just automatically fill up the empty space. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ege Akan, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Ege Akan Win User

If I delete a Windows 10 Update before 10 days, will it rollback to the previous version??

I'm having storage problems again after installing an update. And I need to delete it, else it will just automatically fill up the empty space. The question is: will it rollback to the previous version?

I've also seen that after 10 days Windows deletes the update by itself.

:)

Ege Akan, Apr 16, 2021

2. Rollback to the previous version of Windows from Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please answer these queries, mentioned below:

1. What is the exact issue, which you are facing on the issue after upgrading to Windows 10?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

If you are comfortable troubleshooting the issue on Windows 10, please let us know, what is the issue and when exactly you face it? We will be happy to help you.

However, if you still wish to rollback to previous operating system (O.S.), please follow these steps, mentioned below

How to: Rollback to the previous version of Windows from Windows 10.

NOTE: Please be aware the Windows.old folder located at the root of the local disk where Windows 10 is installed will be deleted after 30 days automatically. The Windows.old folder is used to facilitate the rollback. So please perform any rollback
    within 30 days or this option will no longer be available. Otherwise, create a backup before upgrading to Windows 10.

Step 1:

1. Type Settings in the search bar and Click on Update and Security in the Settings tab.

2. Click on Recovery, then click Get started under Go back to the previous version of Windows.

3. Here you can make multiple selections why are going back to your previous version of Windows along with additional details or you can choose just one and click Next.

4. Note: any configurations made to Windows 10 since upgrading will be lost, so if you installed new programs or hardware drivers or made personal settings, those will be deleted.

5. Click on Next and Make sure you have your password ready to sign into your old version if you had been using one. Click next again.

6. The process can take a while depending on the amount data, applications and settings. Click next again.

7. Click Go back to begin the process, then Windows 10 will restart and after the process is complete, you will be booted into your previous version of Windows environment.

If the step 1 does not work, follow the step 2.

Step 2:

1. Log out your system and then, go to the sign in screen of your system.

2. Hold down the shift key on your keyboard, while clicking the Power button on the screen.

3. Continue to hold down the shift key, while clicking Restart.

4. Again, continue to hold down the shift key, until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

5. Click on Troubleshoot, then click on Advanced options and finally, Click on Go back to the previous version of Windows.

For more information, refer this article, mentioned below.

Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

If I delete a Windows 10 Update before 10 days, will it rollback to the previous version??

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. If I delete a Windows 10 Update before 10 days, will it rollback to the previous version?? - Similar Threads - delete Update before

2. Windows 11 rollback after 10 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 rollback after 10 days: I've had Windows 11 installed for 11 days, just over the end of the 10 day rollback period.The old Windows 10 files are still taking up space on the SSD C:/ drive.How long before those files clear themselves automatically?, as disk clean up says that there are 20Gbytes or...
  3. Windows 10 rollback restoring your previous version of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 rollback restoring your previous version of Windows: i wanted rollback because i wasnt aware that the new may update 2020 would be unstable so i rollback my pc and its stuck. It keeps restarting a few minutes or so then boots up to “restoring your previous version of Windows” is that normal? Wait for it to rollback? Is there...
  4. "Delete Previous version of Window?" Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Delete Previous version of Window?" Windows 10: I've just had this note in my Notifications: [ATTACH] This is the first time I've had this alert. I've checked my Windows C in "This PC" and it show that I have 17.4 GB free of 117 GB. I'd like to ask for advice on the following, please: 1. Am I every likely to need...
  5. Rollback - How to revert to previous version of windows after 10 days

Rollback - How to revert to previous version of windows after 10 days: Our computers updated to V1903. Upon returning to work from being away we realized our printers are not working due to windows update. We are after the 10 day period of reverting back due to being out of town and now we can't do any printing... How do I get back to a previous...
  6. Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old

Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old: Hi guys, I am been trying to delete the folder windows.old sitting there in my PC. Worst thing is, no matter what I looked, there is no option for 'Removing previous installations'. Anyone can help me with this issue then?...
  7. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ?: Fresh install of 1803 several weeks ago on new computer. CMD prompt run as admin. I get this error message not unlike the one shown in the comment on this web page: https://mspoweruser.com/how-to-chang...ture-upgrades/ Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.1](c) 2018...
  8. Deleting previous versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting previous versions of windows 10: I have being trying to delete previous verions of windows 10 by clinking on storage, then Temporary files and selecting Previous version of Windows, clicking on remove files, no files are deleted. What can I do now?...
  9. Windows 10 Rollback to previous build stuck

Windows 10 Rollback to previous build stuck: 1. Windows 10 shoved another of its "updates" down my throat 2. The update messed up my sound system's "Stereo Mix" recording device file. 3. Because I it had been recommended BY A MICROSOFT SUPPORT TECNICIAN at a prior occurance of this exact same thing happening, I...
  10. How do i cancel the rollback to a previous version of Windows?

How do i cancel the rollback to a previous version of Windows?: Hello, i accidentally clicked Go to a previous version of Windows when trying to fix my desktop computer. My motherboard is this if you´re wondering: GIGABYTE Z170 Gaming K3. 72705