Windows 10: If I delete my Windows 10 partitions, how can I keep the product key?

Discus and support If I delete my Windows 10 partitions, how can I keep the product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I currently dual boot Linux and Windows 10, and I'm planning on deleting the Windows partitions and growing my Linux partition into some of that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TabulateJarl8, Dec 6, 2020.

1. If I delete my Windows 10 partitions, how can I keep the product key?

Hi. I currently dual boot Linux and Windows 10, and I'm planning on deleting the Windows partitions and growing my Linux partition into some of that free space, and then reinstalling Windows on the remaining space. I want to do this because Windows as it is now will not let me shrink the partition anymore, and theres just 300gb of free space there. If I were to do this, how could I save the Windows 10 product key? This is a laptop that came with Windows 10 preinstalled, so that might make it bound to the hardware or something, but I just want to make sure. Thanks for the help

:)

TabulateJarl8, Dec 6, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Dec 6, 2020
  3. okidna Win User
    Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

If I delete my Windows 10 partitions, how can I keep the product key? boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Dec 6, 2020
  4. JodieLThi Win User

If I delete my Windows 10 partitions, how can I keep the product key?

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

I've tried this and it still doesn't delete the partitions.

JodieLThi, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

If I delete my Windows 10 partitions, how can I keep the product key?

1. If I delete my Windows 10 partitions, how can I keep the product key? - Similar Threads - delete partitions keep

2. How can I find my windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find my windows 10 product key?: I researched a lot and tried a few different ways to find the my office product key but everytime I type it in it does not work. Is there anything I can do to make it work?...
  3. How can I find my windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find my windows 10 product key?: I researched a lot and tried a few different ways to find the my office product key but everytime I type it in it does not work. Is there anything I can do to make it work?...
  4. How can I recover my windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I recover my windows 10 product key?: I purchased Windows 10 from the Microsoft store in November 2020. Microsoft gave me a receipt with a product key on it. Unfortunately, I misplaced the email with that product key. After setting up a new Windows 10 installation, I need to update and activate the product key. I...
  5. How can I recover my windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover my windows 10 product key?: I purchased Windows 10 from the Microsoft store in November 2020. Microsoft gave me a receipt with a product key on it. Unfortunately, I misplaced the email with that product key. After setting up a new Windows 10 installation, I need to update and activate the product key. I...
  6. How can I find my Windows 10 Product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find my Windows 10 Product key: I plan on upgrading my motherboard and CPU this Christmas, and I only have one issue left. That issue is that I bought a pre-built PC A Skytech Blaze and I don't know where to find my product key for Win10, since I'll need to reinstall my OS for upgrading my Motherboard. Any...
  7. How can I find my Windows 10 Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find my Windows 10 Product key: I plan on upgrading my motherboard and CPU this Christmas, and I only have one issue left. That issue is that I bought a pre-built PC A Skytech Blaze and I don't know where to find my product key for Win10, since I'll need to reinstall my OS for upgrading my Motherboard. Any...
  8. How can I find my Windows 10 Product key

9. how can i know my windows 10 product keys

how can i know my windows 10 product keys: i am really having a really issue trying to update my pc back to windows 10,as i cant really figure my product key anymore* Moved from Research/Eyes First...
  10. How can i get a product key for my window 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i get a product key for my window 10?: I was trying to activate my window 10 but it requires a product key which it was installed when I bought the device, please send me product key for my device window 10 so that I can activate it as soon as posible...