Windows 10: If I delete my Windows Bootcamp Partition on my Mac, can I still use that copy of Windows...

Discus and support If I delete my Windows Bootcamp Partition on my Mac, can I still use that copy of Windows... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kritzmire, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Kritzmire Win User

If I delete my Windows Bootcamp Partition on my Mac, can I still use that copy of Windows...

I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10.

I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC?

I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific PC.

:)

Kritzmire, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Kantastic Win User

Bootcamp Partition Size

Hi folks, I'm trying to install Windows via Bootcamp on my Mac Mini, but run into a problem where I can't seem to divide the space equally between two partitions. 77GB is as much as I can partition for Bootcamp, which is odd since I have so much free space. I've attached a screenshot to show the issue. I've tried Googling but can't seem to find a solution. Any help is appreciated!

*91788-3d9d16629ca1abb04204d15dd58fbc2e.jpg*

Kantastic, Dec 8, 2018
  3. MilkyWay Win User
    Installing bootcamp on my macbook pro....are there any negatives?

Bootcamp can work well, ive seen it myself. You can delete the windows partition fine its like dual booting anything, you can increase the size of the mac OSX partition once the windows partition is formatted.

Bootcamp was used to play games although on a mac system not a macbook.

I dont use Macs myself but they are good for general surfing, media and video editing. That is why a lot of non gamers use mac as a lappy. Serious video editors use em too. Some prefer the interface too whatever floats your boat i guess.

MilkyWay, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Cybrnook Win User

If I delete my Windows Bootcamp Partition on my Mac, can I still use that copy of Windows...

Bootcamp question

Your process will go:

- Initiate bootcamp prep in MAC (Partition space for windows)
    - Should prompt you to insert windows disc and restart (May have to hold Fn button)
    - Install windows on the blank partition (leaving other partitions alone) as you would any other system
    - Once windows is installed, install the EXE you just downloaded for the Mac hardware and drivers.
    -Then install anything else you would normally after windows update and all.

This is coming from memory, but I remember it being easy as pie.

General Help:
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

Cybrnook, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. If I delete my Windows Bootcamp Partition on my Mac, can I still use that copy of Windows... - Similar Threads - delete Bootcamp Partition

2. How can I activate my windows using Bootcamp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate my windows using Bootcamp?: How can I activate my windows?? I installed windows on my MacBook Pro using Bootcamp. Mind you this is the second time I do this since my first MacBook was stolen. Even though I signed in to my Microsoft account, it seems it's not activating Windows as it should. I followed...
  3. How can I activate my windows using Bootcamp?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I activate my windows using Bootcamp?: How can I activate my windows?? I installed windows on my MacBook Pro using Bootcamp. Mind you this is the second time I do this since my first MacBook was stolen. Even though I signed in to my Microsoft account, it seems it's not activating Windows as it should. I followed...
  4. How can I activate my windows using Bootcamp?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp: HelloDear all,I have installed windows 10 in mac bootcamp for some years.Recently I decided to resize the windows volume and did it though mac disk utility but after that I cannot enter to windows and get error code 0xc0000225I tried startup repair and fixing boot from cmd...
  6. I installed windows on my mac **WITHOUT USING BOOTCAMP**

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed windows on my mac **WITHOUT USING BOOTCAMP**: I have the 2015 mac book pro, and decided to get windows on it without going through Bootcamp to allow for maximum storage and to not have a macOS partition, but once fully installed I've found that I'm not able to use the speakers on the mac, the touchpad doesn't have any...
  7. bootcamp mac

bootcamp mac: Hi every time I try to install windows 10 on my mac air, after downloading the iso image and restarting in windows, I get the error message windows can not be installed on t=drive 0 partition 1. I thought it was the usb key format but I'mnot sure. Have tried everything....
  8. Move license from bootcamp partition on mac which got deleted?

Move license from bootcamp partition on mac which got deleted?: So long story short, I deleted my MacOS partition while using windows 10 on my mac via bootcamp. I had to wipe entire drive and install MacOS again. So I lost bootcamp partition too. My question is, can I transfer that license to a windows 10 VM? I'm using parallels desktop....
  9. installed Windows 10 on my Mac using Bootcamp

installed Windows 10 on my Mac using Bootcamp: I recently installed Windows 10 on my Mac using Bootcamp. I didn't think I needed to buy this so as a consequence I don't have a product key number to enter to authenticate. I have had various problems along the way with volume , well any sound. Any ideas anyone? Cheers...
  10. Mac Bootcamp Windows 10 bluetooth issues - still!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mac Bootcamp Windows 10 bluetooth issues - still!: Hello! I have a MacBook Pro 2016 running Windows 10 with BootCamp. Recently my bluetooth keyboard and trackpad have stopped working. When I connect them through the Windows bluetooth setup they say 'Connected' and will function for a very short time, and then not at all,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i delete bootcamp will it delete windows

2. how to delete bootcamp partition