Windows 10: If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its...

Discus and support If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its still vulnerable if i use windows 8.1 rt rtm update 3 updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Sep 10, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its...

If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its still vulnerable if i use windows 8.1 rt rtm update 3 updates to 2023 or embedded standard

:)

sanyijani, Sep 10, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink If i delete or format  the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, Sep 10, 2021
  4. If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its...

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its...

1. If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its... - Similar Threads - delete format folder

2. How i delete the windows folder in my D: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i delete the windows folder in my D: drive: Recently i've found this windows folder in the non boot drive, how i can delete it because it take 20gb of space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-delete-the-windows-folder-in-my-d-drive/798603ec-d374-4924-979d-428dfb37458f
  3. How i delete the windows folder in my D: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i delete the windows folder in my D: drive: Recently i've found this windows folder in the non boot drive, how i can delete it because it take 20gb of space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-delete-the-windows-folder-in-my-d-drive/798603ec-d374-4924-979d-428dfb37458f
  4. If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no: If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-remove-the-d-drive-from-boot-manager-trojan/7efa4dbf-db3b-4b4d-bcfc-b9da99d9b10a
  5. Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting: 2 days ago, I was tyring to free up storage on my local disk c but after latest windows update end of april 2021, I think some option was changed. The one option that I used is gone. Long story short, I found an option that I think was the new one, "Manage Storage Spaces", I...
  6. How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?: i formatted D Drive Completely and its empty. But when im using defraggler theres a files 117.9 MB files are still there. how to delete them? [ATTACH] 173930
  7. Is it safe for me to delete DATA D: drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe for me to delete DATA D: drive?: I'm using a laptop which I've had for a while now. It has two volumes, OS C: and DATA D:, which I don't think have been changed since it was set up. All my data, aside from a few files, is stored on the C: drive, and I'd like to be able to combine the almost 560GB on the D:...
  8. Data D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data D Drive: My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am trying to move Steam apps to this drive but I have no way of doing this. I have no way to send the applications to the other...
  9. Format D: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format D: drive: Hi, I have two disks, C and D. I just did a factory reset on C. C is now like new, but D: is still full of data and software installations (that now does not work anymore). Is it safe to format D: through the disk management tool?...
  10. DATA Drive (D:) Shared User Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DATA Drive (D:) Shared User Folders: Under DATA Drive (D:) is a folder called Users, which has my user folder and my son's user folder. When he logs into his account, he can see my user folder. How can I fix it so he can't see my user folder?...