Windows 10: If I delete Windows 10 System32 folder on a different desktop, will it affect another desktop?

Discus and support If I delete Windows 10 System32 folder on a different desktop, will it affect another desktop? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I been wondering what happens from removal of System32 and wanted to try it myself but I thought it would be a dangerous risk as it is my only PC I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Battlefield_Gamer, Apr 21, 2020.

1. If I delete Windows 10 System32 folder on a different desktop, will it affect another desktop?

I been wondering what happens from removal of System32 and wanted to try it myself but I thought it would be a dangerous risk as it is my only PC I got so I thought that I should ask about it on microsoft.

:)

Battlefield_Gamer, Apr 21, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 21, 2020
  3. deleted desktop folder

from admin folder I had deleted Desktop folder sir

now what u suggest

Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Apr 21, 2020
  4. If I delete Windows 10 System32 folder on a different desktop, will it affect another desktop?

C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 10

Hello Vik,

This C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can follow these simple steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile and check if it has the
      Desktop folder there.
    • If the Desktop folder does not exist, then create a new folder and rename it as
      Desktop or copy it from C:\users\Default\Desktop.

Note: By default, C:\Users\Default is hidden. To unhide click on the View tab and check the
    Hidden Items box.

After you have created the folder, it is required that you give full permission to the folder. You can follow these steps to give full permission:

• Right click on the folder, select Properties then click on the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit.
    • On the Permissions for Desktop window, select Everyone and then click on
      Add.
    • In the Enter the object names to select dialog box, type
      Everyone
      and click on Check Names.
    • Click OK.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

If I delete Windows 10 System32 folder on a different desktop, will it affect another desktop?

1. If I delete Windows 10 System32 folder on a different desktop, will it affect another desktop? - Similar Threads - delete System32 folder

2. Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.: I have the same issue described here I have a Lenovo laptop with win 10 on ithttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-limited-connection-when-i-connect-an-external/b80a6691-637e-4649-ac01-b87e94ba2c29Changing the channel to 1, 6 or 11 and reducing the...
  3. Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.: I have the same issue described here I have a Lenovo laptop with win 10 on ithttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-limited-connection-when-i-connect-an-external/b80a6691-637e-4649-ac01-b87e94ba2c29Changing the channel to 1, 6 or 11 and reducing the...
  4. Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Desktops affect RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktops affect RAM: There is a feature in Windows that in Task View of different desktops. Is RAM affected when you have more than one desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktops-affect-ram/84b3584c-b73e-4e20-b0cc-91a25f471120
  6. Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder): Ok, so I'm by no means a tech luddite, but this one has me stumped even after trawling some forums. When I delete "some" icons from my desktop the icon does not actually disappear. It stays there on my desktop but is no longer active. I cannot click on it or interact with it...
  7. Deleting Folders in Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Folders in Desktop: Hello everyone! I create this post to ask if someone can help me to delete these Folders in my Desktop category. I've tried to right-click on these Folders to find the way to delete them. But it doesn't seem to have a option to delete. Does anyone have a solution to help me?...
  8. deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleted desktop folder: deleted desktop folder and this error comes please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-desktop-folder/dd9aa2cc-8b6d-4d8e-b181-5934ced03c24
  9. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???: Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders...
  10. Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop: I've been trying to delete folders on my desktop but They won't delete. Files are deleting just fine but when I try deleting a folder, it gives me this processing tab: [img] and "completes" the deletion but the folder never ends up getting deleted. It can be opened,...