Windows 10: If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got only c drive to...

Discus and support If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got only c drive to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got c drive only to use boot it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Sep 10, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got only c drive to...

If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got c drive only to use boot it

:)

sanyijani, Sep 10, 2021

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Boot error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, drive letters C: and D: switched

Issue:

Error (blue screen) when booting with stop code (DE Stillstandcode) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. Computer restarts automatically and then freezes with message “automatic repair being prepared” (DE “Automatische Reparatur wird vorbereitet”). After manual
    shut down, the same happens all over again.

System:

Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL with pre-installed Windows 10 (updated to latest version / fixes) with two drives:

128 GB SSD with Windwos and program files (C: “Windows-SDD”)

1 TB HDD as data storage (D: “Data”)

Reason:

Not clear. Just three days before a BIOS update (ALCN28WW V2.05) has been installed, after which the fingerprint scanner didn’t work any longer. Lenovo support suggested to reset BIOS to defaults and re-install driver, which did not solve the problem,
    but at least the computer still worked. After another restart, the issue occurred.

Troubleshooting:

1) Loaded default settings in BIOS again
    no change.

2) Booted from Win 10 installation USB flash drive, chose repair options (DE “Computerreparaturoptionen”), then troubleshooting (DE “Problembehandlung”), then start help (DE “Starthilfe”)
    PC could not be repaired; then chose advance options (DE “Erweiterte Optionen”), command prompt (DE “Eingabeaufforderung”); change to drive C: and D: and could see that all directories are still there, BUT DRIVE LETTERS
    ARE SWITCHED: C: shows as “Data” holding all directories formerly under D:, and D: shows as “Windows-SDD” holding all directories formerly under C:

Pretty sure that this switch of drive letters is related to the issue (Windows probably tries to boot from C:, which is the wrong drive now), not idea how this came, and no idea how to switch it back to make Win work again.

Thanks for any helpful suggestion!

Wolfgang Soundso, Sep 10, 2021
  4. If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got only c drive to...

Getting rid of Trojan Horse on C and D drive?

Help with getting rid of Malware or Trojan Horse on C and D drive, please help me!!!!

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

kimberlysparks708, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got only c drive to...

1. If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got only c drive to... - Similar Threads - disable boot drive

2. Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.: I've reached a point where I've already tried all possible options to salvage my notebook unsuccessfully. Starting in safe mode, checking BIOS, and scanning hardware, as well as using the SFC command Unfortunately, none of them helped resolve the black screen after login....
  3. Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.: I've reached a point where I've already tried all possible options to salvage my notebook unsuccessfully. Starting in safe mode, checking BIOS, and scanning hardware, as well as using the SFC command Unfortunately, none of them helped resolve the black screen after login....
  4. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  5. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  6. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  8. If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no: If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-remove-the-d-drive-from-boot-manager-trojan/7efa4dbf-db3b-4b4d-bcfc-b9da99d9b10a
  9. Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive: Bought Forza Horizon 4 and wanting to download it to my d: drive because my c: drive is too full with other files. Every time I try to change it in my settings where I want it to go to I get error code 0x80070005....
  10. Move data from C drive to D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move data from C drive to D: How to move a c drive that is full to the D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-data-from-c-drive-to-d/0df7a77f-dcac-4ec1-9d53-148f0565176e