Windows 10: If I do a clean install of windows 10 from installation media, can I still recover files...

Discus and support If I do a clean install of windows 10 from installation media, can I still recover files... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been having weird problems with windows on my computer for a while now, I have tried resetting and refreshing windows but it keeps failing, so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oali24, Jun 28, 2020.

1. oali24 Win User

If I do a clean install of windows 10 from installation media, can I still recover files...

I've been having weird problems with windows on my computer for a while now, I have tried resetting and refreshing windows but it keeps failing, so it seems I have to reinstall from installation media, I have already burnt a dvd with build 2004 and know how to reinstall, but I'm concerned about something, I created a file backup not image backup with the files I want to keep, but I don't know how I would restore this file backup on a reinstalled windows, can you restore the files from a file backup of a different installation to a new installation of windows.

Thank you,

:)

oali24, Jun 28, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 28, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 28, 2020
  4. If I do a clean install of windows 10 from installation media, can I still recover files...

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

If I do a clean install of windows 10 from installation media, can I still recover files...

1. If I do a clean install of windows 10 from installation media, can I still recover files... - Similar Threads - clean install installation

2. I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10 from boot media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10 from boot media: I have been having trouble installing windows. I got this error when trying to create a new partition, It is error code 0xbfb21590"We couldn't creat a new partition. [Error: 0xbfb21590]"And then when trying to install Windows in the location I chose, another error occurred...
  3. I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10 from boot media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10 from boot media: I have been having trouble installing windows. I got this error when trying to create a new partition, It is error code 0xbfb21590"We couldn't creat a new partition. [Error: 0xbfb21590]"And then when trying to install Windows in the location I chose, another error occurred...
  4. I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10 from boot media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10: Hello, I have a lenovo Ideopad 320 and I created an installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10. I cannot get my laptop to boot from the USB, is there any keys I have to press when I turn the power on? I need help as soon as possible please. We need to...
  6. Recovering Files After a Clean Install

Recovering Files After a Clean Install: Recently I had to perform a clean install and am now "reassembling" my programs and files. Before cleaning my disk I used Windows File History to save my data on an external drive. I've searched for how to restore my files but anything I've found assumes that the backup was...
  7. recovering files after a clean install

recovering files after a clean install: hey everyone, I am trying to recover some files after my computer crashed and I installed windows 10 thereafter. Could you please suggest a good method/software ideally free or not too expensive to help me with this?...
  8. Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.: I want to do clean install of W10, rundll32.exe was uninstalled and now I am having booting errors, but still am capable of booting windows. I got this error after do a systems check, logfile D:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I think I uninstalled...
  9. Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.: I want to do clean install of W10, rundll32.exe was uninstalled and now I am having booting errors, but still am capable of booting windows. I got this error after do a systems check, logfile D:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I think I uninstalled...
  10. I can't boot from any media to do the clean install

I can't boot from any media to do the clean install: I'm having problems clean installing a 64 bit version of Windows on an old PC. I have Windows 10 FCU 32 bit working on a Socket 939 motherboard with 4GB RAM. My CPU meets the Windows 10 64 bit requirements provided I do a clean install (I checked using CoreInfo). However, I...