Windows 10: If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security...

Discus and support If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security intelligence updates and can I use Microsoft Store also? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnupomDas, May 5, 2021.

1. AnupomDas Win User

If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security...

If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security intelligence updates and can I use Microsoft Store also? Thanks

:)

AnupomDas, May 5, 2021

2. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, May 5, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, May 5, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security... - Similar Threads - don't activated Defender

2. Window's Defender detects a virus on a disk i don't have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Defender detects a virus on a disk i don't have: Whenever I right-click and examine ANY file using windows defender I get this message: PUABlunder:Win32/CandyOpenAlert level: Low Status: Active Category: Potentially Unwanted Software Details: This program has Potentially Unwanted Behavior Affected Items:...
  3. Window's Defender detects a virus on a disk i don't have

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window's Defender detects a virus on a disk i don't have: Whenever I right-click and examine ANY file using windows defender I get this message: PUABlunder:Win32/CandyOpenAlert level: Low Status: Active Category: Potentially Unwanted Software Details: This program has Potentially Unwanted Behavior Affected Items:...
  4. Window's Defender detects a virus on a disk i don't have

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My windows security don't have virus threat and security option. How can I activate it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows security don't have virus threat and security option. How can I activate it?: Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-security-dont-have-virus-threat-and/d0422525-2a4c-4593-bb6a-05ecce47dd3c
  6. My windows security don't have virus threat and security option. How can I activate it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows security don't have virus threat and security option. How can I activate it?: Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-security-dont-have-virus-threat-and/d0422525-2a4c-4593-bb6a-05ecce47dd3c
  7. Windows defender don't want to activate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender don't want to activate: Hello, Windows Defender won't activate. It says "The Threat Detection Service has stopped. Restart it now." and when I restart it the error is "Unexpected error. Sorry, we encountered a problem. Please try again." This problem has been going on for several days and has...
  8. Do I Have To Activate Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I Have To Activate Windows Defender: I have a Best Buy support contract, which includes "Webroot Secure Anywhere". I am not going to renew the contract. When it expires, will Windows Defender automatically be "activated", or do I have to take some action ? I am using Windows 10....
  9. I have a Laptop with Windows 10. I am unable to install regular quality and security...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a Laptop with Windows 10. I am unable to install regular quality and security...: Hi All, I have a laptop which was previously my employer provided one which was subsequently bought be me. In the laptop I am not able to update the regular security and quality updates from microsoft site and it is giving the following error eventhough my Laptop is...
  10. I still don't have the "Get windows 10 app"

in Windows 10 Support
    I still don't have the "Get windows 10 app": Well, On this PC is Windows 7 Home edition SP1 x64. I did not have the "Get windows 10" app, so I tried to download it from this guide. It went well. I then tried to install it, but Windows wrote, that this update is already installed! So I still don't have the "Get windows...