Windows 10: If I encrypt all my data on all SSD HD, will I be protected against Ransomware?

Discus and support If I encrypt all my data on all SSD HD, will I be protected against Ransomware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys ... Strait up question: If I encrypt all my data on all SSD HD, will I be protected against Ransomware? Using Samsung's own encryption tools... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NicolineDK, Nov 6, 2020.

1. If I encrypt all my data on all SSD HD, will I be protected against Ransomware?

Hi guys ...

Strait up question:

If I encrypt all my data on all SSD HD, will I be protected against Ransomware? Using Samsung's own encryption tools for SSD drives

Why dear Microsoft will you not sell Bitlocker as a stand alone addon, for a fair price?

If I should update my Win Home to Win Pro, the price tag will be 175 USD or 148€. That is a lot of money in 2020, where times are hard and every cent counts ....

If I decide to upgrade Windows and use Bitlocker, do I have to buy at Trusted Module Platform like the ASUS TPM-M R2.0 ?

Any help are very welcome

Fistbump

- B

:)

NicolineDK, Nov 6, 2020

2. Filed encrypted by Tor ransomware

More information is needed to determine specifically what infection you are dealing with since there are many variants of crypto malware (file encrypting ransomware).
    RSA-4096 / RSA-2048 / RSA-1024 / AES-256 / AES-128 are
    encryption algorithms
    and not an explicit way of identifying a particular ransomware infection.

Are there any obvious file extensions appended to or with your encrypted data files (i.e. several random hexadecimal characters, words or email addresses)? If so, is the extension the same for each encrypted file or is it different?

What is the actual name of your ransom note? These infections are created to alert victims that their data has been encrypted and demand a ransom payment. Check your documents folder for an image the malware typically uses for the background note. Check the
    C:\ProgramData (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data) for a randomly named
    .html, .txt, .png, .bmp, .url file. Most ransomware will also drop a ransom note in every directory/affected folder where data has been encrypted.

The best way to identify the different ransomwares is the ransom note (including it's name), the malware file itself, any obvious extensions appended to the encrypted files, samples of those encrypted files and information related to the email address used
    by the cyber-criminals.

You can submit samples of encrypted files and ransom notes to ID Ransomware for
    assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further
    assistance. Uploading both encrypted files and ransom notes together provides a more positive match and helps to avoid false detections.

After gathering that information, please read and follow the instructions below.

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 6, 2020
  3. If I encrypt all my data on all SSD HD, will I be protected against Ransomware?

ransomware

Adding to
    Le Boule's
    comments...

The best defensive strategy to protect yourself from malware and ransomware (crypto malware) infections is a

comprehensive approach
    to include prevention and your
    best defense is back up, back up, and more back up on a regular basis. When implementing a backup strategy
    include testing to ensure it works before an emergency arises; routinely check to verify backups are being made and stored properly; remove (disconnect) and isolate all backups from the network or home computer...if not, you risk ransomware
    infecting them when it strikes.

For more suggestions to protect yourself from ransomware infections, see my comments (Post #2) in this topic...Ransomware
    Avoidance
    ...it includes a list of prevention tools.

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

If I encrypt all my data on all SSD HD, will I be protected against Ransomware?

1. If I encrypt all my data on all SSD HD, will I be protected against Ransomware? - Similar Threads - encrypt data SSD

2. All files are encrypted .fodre of ransomware. How i do decrypted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All files are encrypted .fodre of ransomware. How i do decrypted: All files are encrypted .fodor my data of ransomware. How i do decrypted .Because send a email of decrypted the data.Kindly help me out this issue....
  3. Deadbolt Ransomware encrypted all my Onedrive files

Deadbolt Ransomware encrypted all my Onedrive files: All my files in OneDrive have been infected by Deadlock Ransomware, is it possible to get the files restored with the backup from last 20days? Is it possible? how to request it?...
  4. What Windows 11 settings do I need to protect against ransomware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Windows 11 settings do I need to protect against ransomware?: This morning I was attacked by Ransomware and as soon as it started I ALT-CRL-DEL. I then restarted my laptop and ran Defender Virus protection. I did not see any strange programs in the Task Manager or Control Panel....
  5. What Windows 11 settings do I need to protect against ransomware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Windows 11 settings do I need to protect against ransomware?: This morning I was attacked by Ransomware and as soon as it started I ALT-CRL-DEL. I then restarted my laptop and ran Defender Virus protection. I did not see any strange programs in the Task Manager or Control Panel....
  6. can i clear all data from hd before i return

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i clear all data from hd before i return: how can i remove all data from hard drive before i return laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-clear-all-data-from-hd-before-i-return/c460aa82-ea16-4877-9b79-2f57d11bb688
  7. Can I transfer all data to a SSD and then to another SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer all data to a SSD and then to another SSD: So I got a new SSD for Christmas and I can’t transfer my data from my old SSD to my new SSD because I can’t have them in at the same time, so I am transferring my data to a portable hard drive, and then onto my new SSD. My main thought is that it won’t get ALL of my data over...
  8. Protection Against Ransomwares

Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186
  9. All files got encrypted by Gandcrab ransomware

All files got encrypted by Gandcrab ransomware: i got affected with Gandcrab ransomware .All my files are encrypted by the ransomware .So could you help me out from this. all the files are encrypted and have the extension: .VSBCZPFRJG Cant open any file Below is the message given by the Ransomware :...
  10. All files encrypted by bip ransomware

All files encrypted by bip ransomware: Files encrypted by Trojan Ransom. All file folders encrypted by the Bip Ransomware. I need Decryption tools. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_7/all-files-encrypted-by-bip-ransomware/91e1dd17-9762-431e-bd55-79b7501662fe