Windows 10: If I Factory Data Reset My laptop Without saving my files will the files in the drives D or...

Discus and support If I Factory Data Reset My laptop Without saving my files will the files in the drives D or... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sir I want to Factory Data Reset My laptop If i reset the data without saving files would it delete the files from the drive D or E... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SATHWIK REDDY, Jun 11, 2021.

1. If I Factory Data Reset My laptop Without saving my files will the files in the drives D or...

Sir I want to Factory Data Reset My laptop If i reset the data without saving files would it delete the files from the drive D or E

:)

SATHWIK REDDY, Jun 11, 2021

2. Save files before resetting to factory settings

Hi Camille, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps:

Advanced Options - Automatic Repair screen - Command Prompt. Type there ‘notepad.exe’.

Notepad window –click on File. Open to locate the files that you’d like to copy to the USB.

Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Copy the files and folders that you want to save. Paste them in a new folder on the USB drive. Safe you the files you need repeating the above steps.

Once done, proceed with resetting your PC to factory settings.

NighthawkX, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jun 11, 2021
  4. scopio Win User

If I Factory Data Reset My laptop Without saving my files will the files in the drives D or...

Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion!

I moved the Data files Contacts, Documents etc. to the D:\ drive using the Properties > Location > Move method and Office Word etc. in Options > Save show that the Save destination is D:\Users\username\Documents which is as it should be BUT which of the duplicated folders as I also made the changes in Windows > Settings > Storage method which seem to have duplicated the folders and I now have two folders in D:\Users\username\ for Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos presumably moved there by the Windows > Settings > Storage these folders do not have an icon just a plain folder picture and I assume they are the ones from theWindows > Settings > Storage method.

1. What did I do wrong to get duplicate folders?
    2. Which folders will be used when I finally save work to?
    3. Can the duplicate folders without the icons be deleted or would there be issues?

If I Factory Data Reset My laptop Without saving my files will the files in the drives D or... [​IMG]

The screenshot is not from the actual pc but just to demonstrate how in actually shows in the other pc as I can't get to the actual pc just yet. No data has been saved as yet as the Office 365 applications have not been used yet.

scopio, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

If I Factory Data Reset My laptop Without saving my files will the files in the drives D or...

1. If I Factory Data Reset My laptop Without saving my files will the files in the drives D or... - Similar Threads - Factory Data Reset

2. My D Drive is "corrupted" and I can't factory reset my computer. The Drive Appears with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D Drive is "corrupted" and I can't factory reset my computer. The Drive Appears with a...: D Drive has a blue question mark it wont let my insert screenshotWhen trying to factory reset it gets frozen on a black screen and says please wait. I have waited over 1 day...
  3. My D Drive is "corrupted" and I can't factory reset my computer. The Drive Appears with a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D Drive is "corrupted" and I can't factory reset my computer. The Drive Appears with a...: D Drive has a blue question mark it wont let my insert screenshotWhen trying to factory reset it gets frozen on a black screen and says please wait. I have waited over 1 day...
  4. I factory reseted my laptop but there is still data left after the reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I factory reseted my laptop but there is still data left after the reset.: I just opened my laptop after factory reseting, but there's still folders i had before on my laptop, and not any kind of folders theres video games on it that i had previously, i thought it was a one drive problem but i never logged in on drive and even so the files arent on...
  5. I factory reseted my laptop but there is still data left after the reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reseted my laptop but there is still data left after the reset.: I just opened my laptop after factory reseting, but there's still folders i had before on my laptop, and not any kind of folders theres video games on it that i had previously, i thought it was a one drive problem but i never logged in on drive and even so the files arent on...
  6. I factory reseted my laptop but there is still data left after the reset.

7. I merged my c drive and d drive not how do i retrieve my d drive without resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I merged my c drive and d drive not how do i retrieve my d drive without resetting my laptop: I was trying to have more storage on my laptop hhh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive-not-how-do-i/1a6e6ccc-3eaa-4874-907d-828d45187a23
  8. I merged my c drive and d drive not how do i retrieve my d drive without resetting my laptop

I merged my c drive and d drive not how do i retrieve my d drive without resetting my laptop: I was trying to have more storage on my laptop hhh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive-not-how-do-i/1a6e6ccc-3eaa-4874-907d-828d45187a23
  9. Cannot save files on my data D.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot save files on my data D.: My computers storage has the windows C which is only 80GB and it's currently almost full because everything on the PC saves to that storage, though I have changed the saving path of every file and folder to the bigger storage dataD - 381 GB. When I open the Data D storage,...
  10. Cannot save files on my data D.

Cannot save files on my data D.: My computers storage has the windows C which is only 80GB and it's currently almost full because everything on the PC saves to that storage, though I have changed the saving path of every file and folder to the bigger storage dataD - 381 GB. When I open the Data D storage,...