Windows 10: If I factory reset my PC will I need some sort of Windows 10 key for it to my work?

Discus and support If I factory reset my PC will I need some sort of Windows 10 key for it to my work? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title Edit: “for it to work” my bad lol I remember getting it when I first built my PC but I’ve lost it and afraid if I hard reset it it’ll ask for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bombmirage, Aug 17, 2020.

1. If I factory reset my PC will I need some sort of Windows 10 key for it to my work?

Title Edit: “for it to work” my bad lol

I remember getting it when I first built my PC but I’ve lost it and afraid if I hard reset it it’ll ask for that same key and won’t be able to do anything with my PC. Would this risk be worth resetting my PC or am I worrying for nothing?

submitted by /u/Bombmirage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bombmirage, Aug 17, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 17, 2020
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 17, 2020
  4. If I factory reset my PC will I need some sort of Windows 10 key for it to my work?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

If I factory reset my PC will I need some sort of Windows 10 key for it to my work?

1. If I factory reset my PC will I need some sort of Windows 10 key for it to my work? - Similar Threads - factory reset need

2. i cant factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant factory reset my pc: yesterday my brother gave me his old laptop and after downloading a few stuff i realised he used most the storage so i removed his account hoping to free up the storage but that didn't do it so then i went and tried to uninstall everything individually but i couldn't...
  3. i cant factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant factory reset my pc: yesterday my brother gave me his old laptop and after downloading a few stuff i realised he used most the storage so i removed his account hoping to free up the storage but that didn't do it so then i went and tried to uninstall everything individually but i couldn't...
  4. I want to factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to factory reset my pc: Ive tried literlly everything and this is making me so sad. My SFC and DISM don't work and i cant fix them.I cant reset my PC cause there are corrupt files and i cant fix the corrupt files.I cant do any updates, or fix anything cause the things that fixes things doesn't...
  5. Factory resetting my windows but I need some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory resetting my windows but I need some help: So I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff at all, and don't ask why but I'm completely resetting my pc. I'm just wondering, from doing the method that cleans my drive completely and erases all my data, I'm pretty sure I have to download my driver's again right? My pc is...
  6. I factory reset my pc, now it wont work

I factory reset my pc, now it wont work: Today i had to move some files from my ssd to my hard-drive. Very stupid idea.. i then moved my program files and my program files x 86 to my D: drive. Right after that i decided to play a game but it didnt work, saying that it had to be repaired After giving up i factory...
  7. Need some help with my computer because I cannot factory reset

Need some help with my computer because I cannot factory reset: Everytime I try to factory reset my computer it gets to about 60 percent then says “undoing changes” then sends me back to the advanced recovery screen. If someone could help with with this problem it would be much appreciated. Thanks submitted by /u/I-am-ARIES [link]...
  8. need help factory resetting my pc

need help factory resetting my pc: Earlier today, i decided to reset my pc. I it go for an hour. I noticed it was stuck on 35% but the circle was still spinning. i shut my pc down and then tried to reset it again,. when i tried, it said problem resetting yourpc, no changes made. Anyone have any ideas on how to...
  9. I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10: Hi, I know this is a common question, yet I'm unable to do it. I have tried factory resetting from being logged in but it restarts the computer and says "something went wrong". So my alternative is to create a USB using the Mediacreationtool.exe downloadable here on the...
  10. I need my recovery key to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need my recovery key to reset my PC: I need to reset my PC. The PC key ID is 874DD539 and the drive label : MININT-4H5202Q. The recovery key is what I need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-recovery-key-to-reset-my-pc/6a418060-8e10-433d-bc5a-8ae37226c852