Windows 10: If I format & install fresh and it does not work - what then?

Discus and support If I format & install fresh and it does not work - what then? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, I have an answer here in the forum that I can format and install brand new with 1803. My new question is, if I do that and it doesn't work then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LadyDee, May 6, 2018.

1. LadyDee Win User

If I format & install fresh and it does not work - what then?

Ok, I have an answer here in the forum that I can format and install brand new with 1803. My new question is, if I do that and it doesn't work then there is no way to go back to a former install. How can a person pull out of that?

I could not get past 1703 for days on end, so I want to format and install 1803. But I did not keep any install media older that that. This is an older laptop and I have a brand new desktop so I only keep the current version on a usb stick.

Oh, this laptop is a friends and old enough that it does not even have a boot choice in the bios for a usb. It says something like FDD which is one choice I've never even bothered to investigate. <g>

Thanks - I will call her first to get her permission because it may be useless in the end without a way to go back

:)

LadyDee, May 6, 2018
Thema:

If I format & install fresh and it does not work - what then?

1. If I format & install fresh and it does not work - what then? - Similar Threads - format install fresh

2. Cannot format SSD to fresh install windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot format SSD to fresh install windows.: I have tried using diskpart to clear the write protection on the drive as I was getting the error code saying We couldn’t format the selected partition 0x80042428 however this was not effective. I have also tried formatting the drive through disk part, it will appear...
  3. Cannot format SSD to fresh install windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot format SSD to fresh install windows.: I have tried using diskpart to clear the write protection on the drive as I was getting the error code saying We couldn’t format the selected partition 0x80042428 however this was not effective. I have also tried formatting the drive through disk part, it will appear...
  4. Does windows format upon fresh installation properly wipe data on SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows format upon fresh installation properly wipe data on SSD?: If I re-install fresh windows 10 on a previously used SSD, the windows installer will format the SSD I understand. However, will the data that was on there be securely erased by this procedure? I cannot manage to format the SSD beforehand, because it is locked. Can still...
  5. Does windows format upon fresh installation properly wipe data on SSD?

Does windows format upon fresh installation properly wipe data on SSD?: If I re-install fresh windows 10 on a previously used SSD, the windows installer will format the SSD I understand. However, will the data that was on there be securely erased by this procedure? I cannot manage to format the SSD beforehand, because it is locked. Can still...
  6. Does windows format upon fresh installation properly wipe data on SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Fresh install not working??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install not working??: Hello, today i am having a problem installing windows 8 home. I am experiencing a problem where i cannot boot up as in I do not have the correct drivers. I am also stuck on the "Where do you want to install windows page" where i cannot pass tocontinue windows 8 setup. Someone...
  8. Fresh install not working??

Fresh install not working??: Hello, today i am having a problem installing windows 8 home. I am experiencing a problem where i cannot boot up as in I do not have the correct drivers. I am also stuck on the "Where do you want to install windows page" where i cannot pass tocontinue windows 8 setup. Someone...
  9. What’s this? After fresh installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s this? After fresh installation: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iceWhispers [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fijm4g/whats_this_after_fresh_installation/
  10. Complete format and fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complete format and fresh install: Hi everyone: I am in the process of organizing my digital files and backing them up before I do a fresh install of Windows 10. Quick question: Is this the best/only way to do a complete fresh install? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh I...