Windows 10: If i format my windows on laptop that come with windows 10. Do I lose my windows activation...

Discus and support If i format my windows on laptop that come with windows 10. Do I lose my windows activation... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just a question submitted by /u/sedad11 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sedad11, Nov 30, 2020.

1. If i format my windows on laptop that come with windows 10. Do I lose my windows activation...

/u/sedad11, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Flow Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

We upgraded windows 7 to 10. Many crashes and errors after that. So a format and clean install of windows 10. Activated automatically. Zero issues and no more crashes etc etc.
    So I'm inclined to say to just go for it. And if a problem, then use your windows 7 key.

3. EarthDog Win User
    Windows 10 formatting ?

But he already went to 10, so it's already tied to his hardware no?
    To that end, he would only need to create the install media from the MS website, format upon installation and activate. There shouldn't be a need to to 10 since he is currently there and activated. See post 3...

Or.. did I miss something? If he's on 7, can you still get 10 free if you didn't activate it before that expired?

Edit: You have to use the assisted technology to get it free now... a bit shady to me if you aren't using that tech. That way you'd have to upgrade to 10.. then format and reinstall for a clean install.

EarthDog, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

If i format my windows on laptop that come with windows 10. Do I lose my windows activation...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

If i format my windows on laptop that come with windows 10. Do I lose my windows activation...

1. If i format my windows on laptop that come with windows 10. Do I lose my windows activation... - Similar Threads - format laptop lose

2. Will i lose my windows activation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will i lose my windows activation?: I built my pc and I want to do a reset on my computer and clean my drives through the recovery mode but I don't think I will be able to locate my product key will I lose the window activation after I do it? I also looked online and some were saying I needed the key and some...
  3. Will i lose my windows activation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will i lose my windows activation?: I built my pc and I want to do a reset on my computer and clean my drives through the recovery mode but I don't think I will be able to locate my product key will I lose the window activation after I do it? I also looked online and some were saying I needed the key and some...
  4. Will i lose my windows activation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i lose my windows activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i lose my windows activation key: can you please hellp me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lose-my-windows-activation-key/f376b08e-7337-422b-a52c-c8378dd44b25
  6. i lose my windows activation key

i lose my windows activation key: can you please hellp me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lose-my-windows-activation-key/f376b08e-7337-422b-a52c-c8378dd44b25
  7. Will I lose my Windows Activation if I wipe my PC

Will I lose my Windows Activation if I wipe my PC: After troubleshooting and resetting my pc for many hours now, and coming up empty, I have resorted to booting a fresh Windows 10 from a USB. What I'm wondering is if I will lose my activation key or whatnot from doing that. My current version of windows is up to date but...
  8. Do i lose my windows 10 pro if i reset the laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i lose my windows 10 pro if i reset the laptop: How about if i choose to remove all the files? Does it affected my activation license windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-lose-my-windows-10-pro-if-i-reset-the-laptop/e8274354-ca4f-445d-9e72-94a9590574c3
  9. Will I lose my Windows 10 activation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I lose my Windows 10 activation?: I just got a new computer and I updated it to the latest official stable build 1909. I haven't connected my Microsoft account to this PC and use an offline sign in. Since this OS is not the best for the old hardware, I am planning on installing Ubuntu as the sole OS. However...
  10. I want to format my laptop windows 10 how do I do it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to format my laptop windows 10 how do I do it: I want to format Windows 10 laptop to rid personal things How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-format-my-laptop-windows-10-how-do-i-do/baaa93a6-8fbd-4b90-b1c7-dea81480bf00