Windows 10: If I get Office 365 and company stops using that service what happens?

Discus and support If I get Office 365 and company stops using that service what happens? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Do these apps stay active on my PC or laptop? Do I continue to get updates? Company is thinking of switching away. Just wondering. 57317 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by x509, Jul 24, 2016.

1. x509 Win User

If I get Office 365 and company stops using that service what happens?

Do these apps stay active on my PC or laptop? Do I continue to get updates?

Company is thinking of switching away. Just wondering.

:)

2. Wp8 office 365 and Account Logins

Your company Office 365 account is just that, an Office 365 service account. It is not a Microsoft account.

Since the Office 365 account is not a Microsoft account ( anything that ends with live.com, outlook.com and msn.com and other microsoft .com accounts is considered a Microsoft account) it will not work on your windowsphone.

I hope that clears everything up for you If I get Office 365 and company stops using that service what happens? :)

Jay_answers, Jul 24, 2016
  3. My company e-mail address and password will not work while setting up Cortana, even tho' the verbiage says 'any' Microsoft account.

Original Title: Cortana and Office 365 Online

While most are presenting problems, I believe mine is more fundamental. My company uses Microsoft Office 365 Online. My company e-mail address and password will not work while setting up Cortana, even tho' the verbiage says 'any' Microsoft account. I discovered
    that I created 'Live' account sometime ago and that works? Why will my Office 365 Online credentials not work. I am talking about:

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which subscribes to Microsoft services. But, the live account
    L: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** works.

JPalamaroSr, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Don't the apps stop working as the licence is revoked once the monthly payment is stopped, they check the licence servers when started afaik and only run if a valid licence is found.

Wullail, Jul 24, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    No it will expire once the company susbcription ends.

You can reactivate it if you buy you own subscription without reinstalling.

It is not that expensive - for around £80 per annum, you get a five user licence and 1TB of onedrive storage space per user. Actually this is a great deal. You can buy a 1 user licence for £60 which is cheaper but the 5 user licence come into its own if you have family members or friends or more than one PC).

cereberus, Jul 24, 2016
  6. dmesal Win User
    just curious would the software still function without internet connection all the time i spend allot of time out to sea without a connection would i be able to save all files locally? then connect to net once in port?

dmesal, Jul 24, 2016
  7. kipper Win User
    If I read the requirements correctly..........you do need to go on line once a month to keep the software licensed and updated........

Other than that you will be able use use all the included programs off-line on your system.......

kipper, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. If I get Office 365 and company stops using that service what happens? - Similar Threads - Office 365 company

2. what happened to my Office products?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what happened to my Office products?: my office 2019 stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-my-office-products/177426a3-b216-4076-b631-65629aad81d2
  3. Using Office 2019 and Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Office 2019 and Microsoft 365: I'm interested in using Office 2019 for all my office applications except OneNote and OneDrive if it is possible. That said, I have struggled to make it happen. Does anyone else have experience to help me with this?...
  4. I can't get in to Office 365

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't get in to Office 365: I sent an invite to my son for my Office 365 account because we replaced his laptop. He accepted it and downloaded the program. However, he can't get anything to load because he gets sent in to the depths of hell with instructions that make no sense. I understand the complete...
  5. What happened to Customer service ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to Customer service ?: Hello, my username was less of a concern at the moment. i want to prioritize typing this post first and worry about that later.for reasons, the phone customer service providers microsoft used to have are no longer available to the public.i don't appreciate it. but to whoever...
  6. Logging into Windows 10 using Office 365 ID - what's the benefit?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging into Windows 10 using Office 365 ID - what's the benefit?: Hi all As the title says, what's the benefit of a user logging into Windows 10 (believe it would have to be Pro) using their Office 365 credentials? Thanks... 22015
  7. What Cable Internet Company should I get?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What Cable Internet Company should I get?: I'm getting WI-FI soon so I will ask this question: Which cable internet company should I get? I have limited it down to two: Charter or Xfinity. Any thoughts? This will NOT be bundled it will be only internet. Thanks, Cross 5878
  8. What’s new—Office 365 Video

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new—Office 365 Video: Office 365 Video provides you a single tool for uploading, sharing and playing back videos anywhere on your company intranet—whether you use SharePoint Online and/or SharePoint Server on-premises. “It was difficult to find information in our original intranet. The Office...
  9. What’s new in Office 365 administration

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Office 365 administration: Today, we’re pleased to announce that the new Office 365 Service health dashboard is now available to all customers. Since the first preview—announced at Ignite in September 2016—the new Service health dashboard has provided admins with a deeper level of service health...
  10. Announcing Office 365 Centralized Deployment service

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Office 365 Centralized Deployment service: Office add-ins help Office users to personalize their work experience and streamline data access. Late last year, we announced the Centralized Deployment service in preview, which allows administrators to deploy Office web add-ins. Today, we are excited to announce general...