Windows 10: If i had bought a game from microsoft store and then uninstall it and after sometime if i...

Discus and support If i had bought a game from microsoft store and then uninstall it and after sometime if i... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If i had bought a game from microsoft store and then uninstall it and after sometime if i want to reinstall it will i have to purchase the game again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by biprajitdeb, Sep 8, 2020.

1. If i had bought a game from microsoft store and then uninstall it and after sometime if i...

If i had bought a game from microsoft store and then uninstall it and after sometime if i want to reinstall it will i have to purchase the game again or will it be a purchased game?

:)

biprajitdeb, Sep 8, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

If i had bought a game from microsoft store and then uninstall it and after sometime if i...

a game doesnt show that i bought it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to find a game purchased from Microsoft Store. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, we would like to know the place of purchase of the game.

As you have mentioned that you have purchased the game logged in to your Microsoft account, I would suggest you to make sure that you are signed in with the same Microsoft account in Microsoft Store.

To login to Microsoft Store, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Store.
    2. Click on the Profile icon on the top left corner, click on the account and select
      Sign Out.
    3. Now, click on the Profile icon and select
      Sign in.
    4. Sign in with the Microsoft Account through which you purchased the game.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

If i had bought a game from microsoft store and then uninstall it and after sometime if i...

1. If i had bought a game from microsoft store and then uninstall it and after sometime if i... - Similar Threads - bought game microsoft

2. My microsoft account was hacked, i had here some games bought throught the microsoft store,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account was hacked, i had here some games bought throught the microsoft store,...: Hi, my microsoft account was hacked, i dont think it was hacked but i know it was hacked, because it didnt can login with my defaul email, and number, when i tried to play hitman on my pc it said login again, but id was showing whole different email, and my default password...
  3. My microsoft account was hacked, i had here some games bought throught the microsoft store,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft account was hacked, i had here some games bought throught the microsoft store,...: Hi, my microsoft account was hacked, i dont think it was hacked but i know it was hacked, because it didnt can login with my defaul email, and number, when i tried to play hitman on my pc it said login again, but id was showing whole different email, and my default password...
  4. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  5. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  6. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

7. I bought Xbox Game Pass but I can't download anything from Microsoft Store.

I bought Xbox Game Pass but I can't download anything from Microsoft Store.: Hello guys,I have been looking around the internet for hours now, the problem is that I cannot install anything from the Microsoft Store. I bought Xbox Game Pass again after some months it is not my first time buying it, i cancelled my sub long time ago. I bought Xbox Game...
  8. Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought

Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought: Hey, im trying to install a game on my new pc, the problem is that microsoft stores claims that i dont own it. Im on the exact same account, just not on the same pc. What should i do ?...
  9. Applications I bought from Microsoft store

Applications I bought from Microsoft store: Can i get a list of applications I bought from Microsoft store. I purchased some applications but I want to install them later . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applications-i-bought-from-microsoft-store/1c75845e-2c62-4ffe-8b1b-8d68e5c233fa
  10. Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store

Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store: Hi. So yesterday I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and when I tried to open it, nothin. I saw a screen for a split-second, and then it disappeared again. I have followed numerous guides and articles, and I tried to reinstall it, and now the game just wont...