Windows 10: If i have a windows 11 key binded to my account can i just freely upgrade my computer parts...

Discus and support If i have a windows 11 key binded to my account can i just freely upgrade my computer parts... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i am planning to upgrade my pc soon but im not sure if i have to worry about losing the windows key if i change out too many parts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZY_O, May 18, 2024.

1. ZY_O Win User

If i have a windows 11 key binded to my account can i just freely upgrade my computer parts...

i am planning to upgrade my pc soon but im not sure if i have to worry about losing the windows key if i change out too many parts

:)

2. Bind Win 11 home from new laptop to Microsoft Account,

I just bought a new laptop that came with Win 11 Home preinstalled.

Can i bind the key that is shown on the sticker under the laptop to my microsoft account?

I will also be buying microsoft office in box from the local computer store. Can i too bind the key?

I'm asking because from experience with my mother's laptop that had to be sent for repairs / hardware upgrades, it seems she had to buy a new windows and microsoft office as her key from the initial preinstalled windows cannot be used. this caused us several problems. We didnt know the existance of binding the keys back then to a microsoft account, thus loosing the option to reuse the keys.

And lately pop-ups are appearing stating we might be a victim of counterfited windows and microsoft office

Please advice on the clear and proper steps to do the key bindings.

Aaron Derek, May 18, 2024
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Bind a keystroke to a key

Hello,

Binding a keystroke to a key is currently unavailable. However, we suggest that you post your comments and suggestions to
    Windows Feedback. To do that, just click Start menu then type
    Windows Feedback and sign in with your Microsoft account.

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, May 18, 2024
  4. Kursah Win User

If i have a windows 11 key binded to my account can i just freely upgrade my computer parts...

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change , https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/55398-microsoft-account-link-digital-license-windows-10-pc.html , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, May 18, 2024
Thema:

1. If i have a windows 11 key binded to my account can i just freely upgrade my computer parts... - Similar Threads - key binded account

2. If i have a windows 11 key binded to my account can i just freely upgrade my computer parts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i have a windows 11 key binded to my account can i just freely upgrade my computer parts...: i am planning to upgrade my pc soon but im not sure if i have to worry about losing the windows key if i change out too many parts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-a-windows-11-key-binded-to-my-account/a0645a49-c8c2-4554-ad69-ade97e542578
  3. I just upgraded my computer to window 10.0.19045.4239 but I'm having trouble activating it,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just upgraded my computer to window 10.0.19045.4239 but I'm having trouble activating it,...: I just upgraded my computer to window 10.0.19045.4239 but I'm having trouble activating it, can any one help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-upgraded-my-computer-to-window-100190454239/22942a9a-93bb-40af-b71e-0a96746c80d7
  4. I just upgraded my computer to window 10.0.19045.4239 but I'm having trouble activating it,...

I just upgraded my computer to window 10.0.19045.4239 but I'm having trouble activating it,...: I just upgraded my computer to window 10.0.19045.4239 but I'm having trouble activating it, can any one help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-upgraded-my-computer-to-window-100190454239/22942a9a-93bb-40af-b71e-0a96746c80d7
  5. How do I fix my key bindings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my key bindings?: My keys are mixed up for some unknown reason in a very weird way. My "y" raises my volume, my "p" lowers my volume, c tries to open "caret browsing" and etc. I don't know what's causing this problem. I unplugged and re plugged in my keyboard, reinstall the keyboard drivers,...
  6. How do I fix my key bindings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix my key bindings?: My keys are mixed up for some unknown reason in a very weird way. My "y" raises my volume, my "p" lowers my volume, c tries to open "caret browsing" and etc. I don't know what's causing this problem. I unplugged and re plugged in my keyboard, reinstall the keyboard drivers,...
  7. How do I fix my key bindings?

8. since I upgraded my lenovo x1nano to windows 11 I have two accounts on my computer. Cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    since I upgraded my lenovo x1nano to windows 11 I have two accounts on my computer. Cannot...: since I upgraded my lenovo x1nano to windows 11 it shipped with windows 10 and I was eligible for a free upgrade I have two accounts on my computer. One in my name and one with the same name as the computer name. I do not know and may never have known the password for the one...
  9. since I upgraded my lenovo x1nano to windows 11 I have two accounts on my computer. Cannot...

since I upgraded my lenovo x1nano to windows 11 I have two accounts on my computer. Cannot...: since I upgraded my lenovo x1nano to windows 11 it shipped with windows 10 and I was eligible for a free upgrade I have two accounts on my computer. One in my name and one with the same name as the computer name. I do not know and may never have known the password for the one...
  10. Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC?: Happy New Year! I'm making some significant improvements to my PC and replacing the motherboard, CPU, GPU, and adding a new M.2 SSD (which I plan to install Windows 10 on). I purchased a Windows 10 product key which came with a USB flash drive for installing Windows 10...