Windows 10: if I have multiple applications, one has lowered volume?

Discus and support if I have multiple applications, one has lowered volume? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 but I've got this weird feature where sometimes if I have more than one application that is using sound open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Godric, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Godric Win User

if I have multiple applications, one has lowered volume?

Hey all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 but I've got this weird feature where sometimes if I have more than one application that is using sound open at once, the second application will have it's volume lowered and I can't find a way to restore the proper volume level without closing one of the applications.
    For example, I was watching a video on YouTube, and had a game open at the same time, both were using sound, but the YouTube video was quieter, and I think a bit echoed slightly. As soon as I closed the game application, the YouTube video suddenly raised in volume back to the regular level.
    I looked around the settings on my computer, but I couldn't find anything that would account for this, and it doesn't always happen, so I'm not sure what to do.

I'm using an Acer laptop, if that helps.

:)

Godric, Aug 23, 2015

2. Nokia Lumia 520 camera features changes after WP8 update

I contacted the app developer and they confirmed my suspicions. It's a problem that has started occuring on lower-end lumias after the latest update (and they've received multiple reports). The application has not been updated, only the phone's firmware.

adnartm---01, Aug 23, 2015
  3. If I have multiple computers, do I have to download Windows 10 on each computer?

There will be ISO'S available when win 10 is released on July 29. Download it once and use it to install on all your other devices

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 23, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

If you can, go to Control Panel > Sound > Speakers > Properties > Advanced and uncheck: "Allow applications to take exclusive control" and/or "Give exclusive mode applications priority".

CountMike, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. if I have multiple applications, one has lowered volume? - Similar Threads - multiple applications has

2. One application making sound causes second application's volume to temporarily lower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One application making sound causes second application's volume to temporarily lower: I like to play iRacing, a realistic motorsport simulator. As you may imagine, the engine noise from the car I'm driving is constant and important to understand how it is behaving.While I play iRacing, I run a 3rd party application called Crew Chief. This application pulls...
  3. One application making sound causes second application's volume to temporarily lower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One application making sound causes second application's volume to temporarily lower: I like to play iRacing, a realistic motorsport simulator. As you may imagine, the engine noise from the car I'm driving is constant and important to understand how it is behaving.While I play iRacing, I run a 3rd party application called Crew Chief. This application pulls...
  4. One volume shown in multiple hard drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One volume shown in multiple hard drives.: I have one drive which is showing itself in multiple hard drives and one volume is split into different parts. The F: partition is shown in multiple hard drives and all are shown in multiple parts in same drive also.[ATTACH]...
  5. Volume lowers by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  6. Sound mixer lowers my applications volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound mixer lowers my applications volume: When i start a game somewhere while im on discord or internet , the sound on mixer starts oscillating and sometimes it gets really low so i need to go to the mixer and up the volume of one app to hear it better. Does anyone know what i have to deactivate or do to remove that...
  7. Update: Lower My Volume?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update: Lower My Volume?: Hi! I recently updated my windows 10 and when i was watching my VLC media player the volume decreased quite a lot, when it was still on full volume... it sounds so strange now...? i was wondering if anyone had any advice how to fix it or if its happened to them? I’m...
  8. Multiple Audio Cards for Application Volume Modulation

Multiple Audio Cards for Application Volume Modulation: I would like to use two separate audio cards, or an audio card with two separate channels to send output to an analog mixer. Would it work this way? Could I use multiple USB audio cards simultaneously for this purpose or would they have to be PCI- Express sound cards? I know...
  9. Microphone lowering volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  10. Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal

Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal: I've suddenly encountered a problem with my laptop speakers (Conexant SmartAudio HD) where the volume level has decreased. I would normally keep it at 40 but now I have to raise it to 70-80 to hear sound decently. I've tried updating my audio drivers and did troubleshoots but...