Windows 10: If I have several drives, is there any easy way to check what programmes are using which...

Discus and support If I have several drives, is there any easy way to check what programmes are using which... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; title submitted by /u/Libir-Akha [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Libir-Akha, Mar 5, 2023.

1. If I have several drives, is there any easy way to check what programmes are using which...

/u/Libir-Akha, Mar 5, 2023

2. Creating a shortcut to a programme on a usb drive.

hey folks,

I want to be able to create a shortcut to launch a programme that is stored in a folder on a usb drive and have that shortcut on the actual usb drive itself, not on windows desktop as that way is easy enough to do, just send to desktop.

I use a few different computers and drive letter will change for the usb drive that is why I need the start shortcut on the actual usb drive itself, where the programme is stored.

Would save a lot of time actually searching for the icon that will start the programme in the drive.

Thanks

donegaljoe, Mar 5, 2023
  3. ArkEngel Win User
    No easy way to get Email attachments to One Drive

Hi Axipher,

this sounds like a really good suggestion. Since there's no way to add that capability from Outlook directly, I'd suggest you share your idea on the User Voice Forum, where people list ideas and other users vote on the functionality so that Microsoft prioritizes
    them in adding them tot he phone.

Link: https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

hope this helps,

ArkEngel, Mar 5, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

If I have several drives, is there any easy way to check what programmes are using which...

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 5, 2023
Thema:

If I have several drives, is there any easy way to check what programmes are using which...

1. If I have several drives, is there any easy way to check what programmes are using which... - Similar Threads - several drives easy

2. I am wondering if the programmers at microsoft have any idea about what they are doing or not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am wondering if the programmers at microsoft have any idea about what they are doing or not?: I am seeing PC after PC where the user has ran windows update, or shut their machine down one night to boot it back up and suddenly windows is unable to boot. Then they're brought to me, and windows own troubleshooting tools can't fix it, or has no access leaving with no...
  3. Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this?: Does anyone know any easy method of creating subtitles to overlay on videos ? There are various online subtitle editors like Veed which are not ideal as they mainly for uploading to YouTube,Facebook and social media sites. I have some personal family videos which need some...
  4. Quick and easy way to configure several machines identically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick and easy way to configure several machines identically?: Hi All, I know that there are tools to deploy pre-configured Windows installations in large networks, so that every new machine comes with the same features and settings. We would like to use something similar (at tiny scale) but with machines which have Win10 Home...
  5. Is there a way to find which programm created one of my folders?

Is there a way to find which programm created one of my folders?: Recently I was trying to extract textures from one of my programs, and then I saw a new folder called "Textures" that contained all the textures that I need. But this program wasn't the only program from which I needed to extract images, so I desided to find which of my...
  6. Any easy way to manage and create preview handlers?

Any easy way to manage and create preview handlers?: For example, I'm using firefox as my default pdf reader, but doing so preview panel doesn't work. Another example: dwg files could open with my cad program, but preview only works with other cad vendors. I know these are more like rough edges in the products than a windows...
  7. What is the easy way to block websites???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the easy way to block websites???: I have a few websites, that haunt me... As soon I SEEM to block them, they reappear and are able to popup covering my abilities on the taskbar or status bars. I often don't notice and enable and activate them, allowing them to open up and further hurt my computer and my...
  8. Is there any way to know which of C++ distribution I'm still using and which are safe to...

Is there any way to know which of C++ distribution I'm still using and which are safe to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueBoxxx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gen7zg/is_there_any_way_to_know_which_of_c_distribution/
  9. I have discovered an easy way to compacting VHDs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    I have discovered an easy way to compacting VHDs: As we all know, vhds grow in physical storage size even if the vhds are much smaller in content inside the vhd. For example, I had a PRO 10 1709 VHD of approx. 18GB and upgraded it to 1803. After I did disk cleanup, to remove windows.old etc, the contents of the vhd are back...
  10. is there an easy way to use external drive and not the main HDD on pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is there an easy way to use external drive and not the main HDD on pc?: on my external drive it has around 899GB of memory. while the main drive has about 433GB. memory loss is always on my mind..even on this semi new pc. that is why i try and utilize a lot of programs that work off on the flash drive. [img] 70151