Windows 10: If i install latest version of windows ( April update) from anniversary update.

Discus and support If i install latest version of windows ( April update) from anniversary update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If i install latest version of windows ( April update) from anniversary update i know it will create Windows.old folder.but laptop already has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by winkigreen, Jul 16, 2018.

1. If i install latest version of windows ( April update) from anniversary update.

If i install latest version of windows ( April update) from anniversary update i know it will create Windows.old folder.but laptop already has windows.old folder will there be 2 windows.old folder or what will happen.. will it create problem to my laptop..

:)

winkigreen, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Hood Win User

Win 10 Anniversary Update does not show in Windows Update

It's because the anniversary update is just like upgrading to a new version of Windows; it leaves behind a Windows.old folder so you can revert back (mine was about 16GB).
    Don't feel bad, the anniversary update changed a lot of my settings and programs, and my activation status. By the time I investigated and decided I didn't want it, I had already deleted the Windows.old folder, so I reverted using an image I made before the update (version 1511).
    Since then, Windows Update has only updated within 1511, and hasn't changed the version to 1607, so I'm happy. There is nothing in the anniversary update I wanted anyway, just more Cortana integration and more ways for Windows to collect your private data, so be glad you dodged a bullet...

3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Jul 16, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

If i install latest version of windows ( April update) from anniversary update.

Win 10 Anniversary Update does not show in Windows Update

One of mine is still on 1511, and that is getting updated, without 1607 appearing for download. I'm content, because I think I actually prefer 1511, since I've got them both to compare to each other.

rtwjunkie, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

If i install latest version of windows ( April update) from anniversary update.

1. If i install latest version of windows ( April update) from anniversary update. - Similar Threads - install latest version

2. Should I update to a latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I update to a latest version: Hello, I have 4 GB ddr3 ram, intel core i5 3rd gen processor with intel hd graphics card. I run windows version 1511 and it runs good and fast in my computer and now i am thinking of switching to the latest version 20H2. So after updating will it turn my pc slow or it...
  3. Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.

Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.: Hi, I'm trying to install the latest update version 20H2 but I have a laptop with a dead battery and it is is running off the power cable. Every time I turn on my laptop or restart it, I get a message telling me the battery needs to be replaced black screen that says press to...
  4. Updating Windows10 from ancient version to latest

Updating Windows10 from ancient version to latest: Hi folks, so if you're offline with your computer for a couple years, you seem to have a serious problem updating Windows 10 to the latest version. I didn't connect my main PC to internet regularly for over two years and any windows attempt of updating was thwarted by me,...
  5. Latest update will not install for DVDD version of the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update will not install for DVDD version of the game: Hi, I live in the UK and have the DVD version of MSFlight Sim 2020. It has worked perfectly until tonight when I got the message stating there is a mandatory update. When the screen changes to install this message, at the top left of the flight sim page I get an error...
  6. Not Updating to Latest Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not Updating to Latest Version: Hi. My laptop has been stuck at "Downloading 0%" for the KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449) update all week now (I now have the previous version I think it was 18362.418). Is there a way to force the update or to make it restart the attempt to update again? 143748
  7. Windows version not the same as latest feature update installed

Windows version not the same as latest feature update installed: I installed a windows feature update a few days ago, but the version shown in system properties is not 1903. [ATTACH] Here, in the system properties it shows windows version 1803[ATTACH] Whereas in the updates history it is shown that the 1903 update was successfully...
  8. Windows Update not updating laptop to latest versions

Windows Update not updating laptop to latest versions: Hi My work laptop is still on Win10 1803. I have not received either upgrade options to 1809 or now 1903 in Windows Update. I don't have Admin access so I can't do a manual update with the upgrade tool. Can anyone advise as if there is anything I can do to get the...
  9. Windows 10 April update 1803, not working properly after installing latest updates

Windows 10 April update 1803, not working properly after installing latest updates: I have installed windows 10 April update 1803. When I install the latest updates on my pc and reboot the windows get stuck at logon screen with a blank black screen. I have tried three times to reset my pc, but when I again install the updates, the same thing happened each...
  10. Windows 10 April update 1803, not working properly after installing latest updates

Windows 10 April update 1803, not working properly after installing latest updates: I have installed windows 10 April update 1803. When I install the latest updates on my pc and reboot the windows get stuck at logon screen with a blank black screen. I have tried three times to reset my pc, but when I again install the updates, the same thing happened each...