Windows 10: If I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break?

Discus and support If I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did some stuff to my partitions and realized too late that I left some unallocated space after all the partitions, at the far right. If I use some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DerpyPlayz18, Sep 16, 2021.

1. If I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break?

I did some stuff to my partitions and realized too late that I left some unallocated space after all the partitions, at the far right. If I use some program to move it does windows break and need reinstallation?Below in an image of my partition scheme

:)

DerpyPlayz18, Sep 16, 2021
  2. RejZoR Win User

Partition space

You're not understanding this. Unallocated space is NOT equal as (partitioned) empty space.

Unallocated space means empty RAW sectors on HDD. Empty space means an already allocated file system (either FAT32 or NTFS or any other) that is not occupied by any data.

So in your case, as DanTheBanjoman already suggested, don't try to shrink "unallocated space", extend the main (C*Smile If I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break? :) partition instead. You can't shrink something that doesn't exist (unallocated space), but you can extend the existing partition over unallocated space.
    So, just select the C: partition and extend it further. Program should automatically allow you to do that. I'm not using Partition Magic, but i usually done this with either:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free - manage and resize disk partitions (also for 64bit OS!)

or

EaseUS Partition Master - manage disk partitions (only for 32bit OS!)

RejZoR, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

If I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break?

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CIf I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

If I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break?

1. If I move some unallocated space before the windows partition, does it break? - Similar Threads - move unallocated space

2. moving the unallocated space .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving the unallocated space .: i want to move the unallocated space to be behind the games partition so i can extend it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-unallocated-space/3ff448ca-1826-4126-9475-11cf4cb41bb9
  3. moving the unallocated space .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving the unallocated space .: i want to move the unallocated space to be behind the games partition so i can extend it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-unallocated-space/3ff448ca-1826-4126-9475-11cf4cb41bb9
  4. moving the unallocated space .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-: I did a clean install of Windows 11 from USB media creation tool and I've made a mess of C: SSD. I watched videos of how to do this, unfortunately the ones I watched failed to show what to do when one got to the partitions part of the install. Several said to delete all...
  6. Moving Unallocated Partition

Moving Unallocated Partition: I have some Unallocated space that is to the left of C:.I want to move it to the right of C: so I can add it to C:.Not sure how to do it.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-unallocated-partition/9be7e0e8-cebe-4772-94d4-a06138f8b2ed
  7. Extend partition that is next to unallocated space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extend partition that is next to unallocated space: So I have a 250 GB D: drive 50 GB E: drive and I want to extend the E: drive. Problem is when I shrink the D: drive I cannot extend the E: drive since it comes after the unallocated space. The only way I see this possible is to make a partition F: copy all data from E: to F:...
  8. How to move unallocated disk space between partitions

How to move unallocated disk space between partitions: I have used up almost all of the space on my C: Drive and have plenty of storage in my F: Drive however after make Unallocated space from the F: Drive on Disk 2 I can't extend my C: Drive on Disk 0. Is there a way, without having to use 3rd party software, to move the...
  9. Disk Partition Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Unallocated Space: [ATTACH]Hi team, I recently tried installing windows 7 and during installation, I got the message that Windows can't get installed on the selected disk due to MBR style. I converted the MBR style to GPT style by allocating 100Gb to selected Disk 0. Now after...
  10. Combine Unallocated space to System Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combine Unallocated space to System Partition: Greetings all, I had 2 useless partitions, one at the very beginning of my HD and the second at the very end. My setup is GPT Basic btw. I would like to know, using MiniTool Partition Wizard version 9.1, if it is possible to merge these former partitions (now...