Windows 10: If I perform system restore, will I remove viruses?

Discus and support If I perform system restore, will I remove viruses? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can you answer this question, please? I want to perform system restore and want to know if that will remove viruses. Thank you Your Caprice...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CapriceLax, Aug 9, 2020.

1. If I perform system restore, will I remove viruses?

Can you answer this question, please? I want to perform system restore and want to know if that will remove viruses. Thank you

Your Caprice...

:)

CapriceLax, Aug 9, 2020

2. Cannot perform a system restore

Hi Cecil,

For us to better assist you with the issue on system restore, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you've performed System restore? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 9, 2020
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

If I perform system restore, will I remove viruses?

Failed to perform System Restore and Reset.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the mouse only during reset/recovery process of the system. Let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• Why exactly you are trying to perform system reset? Are you getting any error code, when trying to perform system reset?

• What is the make and model of your system?

I suggest you to try creating system restore point manually and check if the restore point is visible or not.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Refer to the section: Create Restore Point.

As you are also unable to perform system reset, I suggest you to try resetting system using windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Refer: Reset your PC and Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

If I perform system restore, will I remove viruses?

1. If I perform system restore, will I remove viruses? - Similar Threads - perform system restore

2. Wants to perform system restore but I need to know about activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wants to perform system restore but I need to know about activation: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro and using MS Store I had to reset to factory install, would I lose the Windows Pro upgrade, and have to pay again, or will it reset to the pro edition? I need help...
  3. Wants to perform system restore but I need to know about activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wants to perform system restore but I need to know about activation: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro and using MS Store I had to reset to factory install, would I lose the Windows Pro upgrade, and have to pay again, or will it reset to the pro edition? I need help...
  4. Wants to perform system restore but I need to know about activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. can system restore remove a virus system file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can system restore remove a virus system file: i installed a app ran it it installed a virus system32 file now im stuck on inf repair does it remove a virus system 32 file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-system-restore-remove-a-virus-system-file/b5cc36e2-b1e5-4804-9aca-17d2fd7bae22
  6. Virus doesn't get removed even after system restore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus doesn't get removed even after system restore: I need some suggestions on how I can remove a virus which seems to have affected my windows. I tried commercial anti virus support, but it doesn't seem to work....
  7. How can I perform a system restore on a hacked pc?

How can I perform a system restore on a hacked pc?: So I tried to install something for a game. It came as an exe file and I tried to open it and as soon as I know it something was asking for admin access or something like that and it popped up in my notifications. I tried performing a system restore but it had an error and...
  8. How do I perform System Restore

How do I perform System Restore: Split from this thread. How do I restore my computer windows 10 to earlier date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-perform-system-restore/712bf6f8-c461-4d30-be17-54d5f9663a69
  9. Perform Windows 10 System Restore

Perform Windows 10 System Restore: Perform Windows 10 system restore using Windows Recovery Environment: 1. Shut Down the PC. 2. Press and Hold the Shift key and press the Power Button. 3. Continue holding down the Shift key as the computer restarts, until the "Choose an option" screen opens. 4....
  10. Error Performing System Restore 0x81000204

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Performing System Restore 0x81000204: I recently wanted to perform a system restore to set my computer back to before select changes were made to it. However, upon trying to restore the pc it kept coming up with the above error no matter what date I tried. Trying to run a system restore in safe mode did not help....