Windows 10: if i purchase workstation licence over my OEM licence of Windows pro, can i move my windows...

Discus and support if i purchase workstation licence over my OEM licence of Windows pro, can i move my windows... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i am planing to purchase a workstation licence over my OEM licence of windows pro through Microsoft store, but not sure if i can move that licence to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ManishKumar33352, May 18, 2020.

1. if i purchase workstation licence over my OEM licence of Windows pro, can i move my windows...

i am planing to purchase a workstation licence over my OEM licence of windows pro through Microsoft store, but not sure if i can move that licence to another computer in future or not ?

or may be i should ask this - if i upgrade OEM licence of Windows pro to Workstation, will that be changed/converted to Retail licence ?

:)

ManishKumar33352, May 18, 2020

2. MS: Upgraded Motherboard = New Windows Licence

Microsoft recently made a change to the licence agreement saying that a new motherboard is equal to a new computer, hence you need to purchase a new Windows licence. I don't know how true this is but it's going around the forums fast. People are flaming up a storm about it to. This is because a lot of user purchased legal copies of OEM XP/XP Pro and i's already a hassle to have to call in and activate your account everytime you install a new PCI device or change certain BIOS settings. So this is a the final blow I guess to get people to buy Vista. Inwhich I would steer clear from because there is an improved version coming out just after Vista. I can't recall the name at the moment. But any hoot. take a gander at this.

link

EastCoasthandle, May 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 OEM Licence

We recently purchased machines with came with Windows 10 OEM licences and had others upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period.

Question - Can we use the OEM versions in a business or will we need to upgrade those licences ?

Thanks

PiotrPaweska, May 18, 2020
  4. if i purchase workstation licence over my OEM licence of Windows pro, can i move my windows...

Is it compulsory to purchase volume licence for business use, can we use OEM licence for business

Hello, I have query regarding windows licence

Is it compulsory to purchase volume licence for business use, can we use OEM licence for business

AnupamSaini, May 18, 2020
Thema:

if i purchase workstation licence over my OEM licence of Windows pro, can i move my windows...

1. if i purchase workstation licence over my OEM licence of Windows pro, can i move my windows... - Similar Threads - purchase workstation licence

2. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows OEM licencing: WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small LAN enviroment with no enviroment Azure or AD...
  3. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows OEM licencing: WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small LAN enviroment with no enviroment Azure or AD...
  4. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OEM Licences

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM Licences: I have a registered non-oem license for win 10 pro and an OEM win 10 pro on a newer laptop. I cannot access the original details as the hdd gave up. Is there any way to obtain the original registration details from Microsoft? Can a retail licence activate an oem on a new...
  6. Can I transfer an OEM Windows 10 Home licence that I purchased a 10 Pro upgrade for to a...

Can I transfer an OEM Windows 10 Home licence that I purchased a 10 Pro upgrade for to a...: Pardon if this has been asked ad nauseam, mildly tired and my reading comprehension skills are a bit tanked right now. Would prefer a simple yes/no response if that's not too much trouble. I have a laptop purchased in 2015 that came with an OEM version of Windows installed....
  7. oem licence

oem licence: somehow my windows 10 product id has been changed. i dont know how to get my original OEM product id. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-licence/7a0f0577-11cb-4d23-8bf6-9f1fc4da58f2
  8. purchase licence

purchase licence: I have been running a win 10 Enterprise and it says it will soon expire. I do not want to do a reinstall because of software Im have on this computer. Can I purchase a licennce and activate this Win10 I am running?I can't find the proper place to purchace the licence...
  9. Can I buy an OEM licence?

Can I buy an OEM licence?: Some time ago I read online that ANYONE who builds his own pc is qualifiable for OEM licensing. Is that true? I don't want to mess with Microsoft terms of use so I really want to know if I'm allowed to do that....
  10. OEM Licence

OEM Licence: I have two question about my Windows 10 OS 1st- Since I'm willing to replace my HP damaged motherboard with a same HP model (used but working) motherboard, does my Windows licence expires due to internal serial number or version of the replace motherboard? 2nd- Suppose I...