Windows 10: If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

Discus and support If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a laptop in 2021 with pre installed windows 10 and it's a oem license.I upgraded it to windows 11 and it's slow. I took my laptop to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sujith Kumara, Jun 28, 2022.

1. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

I bought a laptop in 2021 with pre installed windows 10 and it's a oem license.I upgraded it to windows 11 and it's slow. I took my laptop to a computer shop and reinstalled windows 10 product id is changed, oem version became to retail version. I type this command in cmd - slmgr /dli And also this- wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKeySlmgr /dli partial product key is various than OA3xOriginalProductKey last 5 digits What should I do now ?Now I want to upgrade m.2 ssd and reinstall windows to new ssd if I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my license? activation is s

:)

Sujith Kumara, Jun 28, 2022

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2022
  4. krimetal Win User

If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

1. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows - Similar Threads - reinstall lost digital

2. Lost Windows 11 Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows 11 Digital License: After purchasing a new motherboard and CPU to upgrade to windows 11, my windows 10 license is no longer valid. I was unable to transfer it from my previous system which was still registered in my account. Since I was unable to transfer the license, I deleted the previous...
  3. Lost Windows 11 Digital License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Windows 11 Digital License: After purchasing a new motherboard and CPU to upgrade to windows 11, my windows 10 license is no longer valid. I was unable to transfer it from my previous system which was still registered in my account. Since I was unable to transfer the license, I deleted the previous...
  4. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows: I bought a laptop in 2021 with pre installed windows 10 and it's a oem license.I upgraded it to windows 11 and it's slow. I took my laptop to a computer shop and reinstalled windows 10 product id is changed, oem version became to retail version. I type this command in cmd -...
  5. If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my digital license of windows: I bought a laptop in 2021 with pre installed windows 10 and it's a oem license.I upgraded it to windows 11 and it's slow. I took my laptop to a computer shop and reinstalled windows 10 product id is changed, oem version became to retail version. I type this command in cmd -...
  6. Windows 10 Reinstall with Digital License

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Reinstall with Digital License: submitted by /u/ThisIsMyName23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjog49/windows_10_reinstall_with_digital_license/
  7. Reinstalling of windows 10 home digital license

Reinstalling of windows 10 home digital license: Can I uninstall windows from my laptop which came with pre installed windows 10 home? I want to install windows again but after some time. Is it possible to do so?...
  8. Lost My windows key or digital license

Lost My windows key or digital license: i lost my hd. mobo and processor on my old pc.. i bought a new pc today. and i'm trying to recovery my serial key or my digital license..but can't find how to do it.. already try some steps given but cant find where my digital license is or my windows serial key is..not sure...
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 without Digital License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 without Digital License: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 as part of the free upgrade promotion. Unfortuntely I need to reinstall Windows 10 as the operating system has become corrupt. I can get to the command prompt, and the reinstall options, but not load Windows. Can I find my...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 (digital license)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 (digital license): I have a friend, she has a Dell laptop that had Windows 7 and upgrade to Windows 10 when it was free her hard drive failed and so we bought a new hard drive and are ready to reinstall can I download Windows 10 iso and install that and would it recognized it as the same...