Windows 10: If I reinstall Windows in my dual boot scheme, will it keep the other half?

Discus and support If I reinstall Windows in my dual boot scheme, will it keep the other half? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm currently running Windows 10 on a dual boot with Linux Mint. I have so much gook on the Windows partition that I'm planing on reinstalling Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AirHogDog, Mar 2, 2019.

1. AirHogDog Win User

If I reinstall Windows in my dual boot scheme, will it keep the other half?

I'm currently running Windows 10 on a dual boot with Linux Mint. I have so much gook on the Windows partition that I'm planing on reinstalling Windows via the option in the settings - specifically, delete all apps and files, reinstall all of it. But if I reinstall Windows using that, will it eat up my Linux Mint partition?

I'd like this to be answered by someone who is very confident, because the Linux Mint part of my machine is very important to me.

Thank you!

:)

AirHogDog, Mar 2, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 2, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Mar 2, 2019
  4. If I reinstall Windows in my dual boot scheme, will it keep the other half?

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

If I reinstall Windows in my dual boot scheme, will it keep the other half?

1. If I reinstall Windows in my dual boot scheme, will it keep the other half? - Similar Threads - reinstall dual boot

2. I want to dual boot windows and ubuntu, but my laptop just keeps booting into windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to dual boot windows and ubuntu, but my laptop just keeps booting into windows.: The ubuntu installation went smoothly, but when I wanted to use ubuntu, I could not boot to ubuntu, it just kept booting into windows 10. By the way, fast startup is off....
  3. I want to dual boot windows and ubuntu, but my laptop just keeps booting into windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to dual boot windows and ubuntu, but my laptop just keeps booting into windows.: The ubuntu installation went smoothly, but when I wanted to use ubuntu, I could not boot to ubuntu, it just kept booting into windows 10. By the way, fast startup is off....
  4. GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup

GPT Partition Scheme for Dual-/Multi-boot Windows 10-setup: Hello,I have a laptop with 2x M.2 SSD-drives 500GB and 2TB, which I want to separate into three separate instances of Windows 10-installations as per:Disk 0 2 TBWindows 10 general purpose - 1 TBWindows 10 hobby purpose - 500 GB500 GB shared storageDisk 1 500 GBWindows 10 work...
  5. Dual boot: Problem reinstalling W10

Dual boot: Problem reinstalling W10: I can see there are many posts here about dual boot systems and various problems that can come up. I haven't been able to find info that seems to fit my particular problem, so I'm posting my question: I need to reinstall W10 on my dual boot W10/W7 desktop because of problems....
  6. Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?: There is a button in windows settings that allows you to reset your windows? Will this affect my ubuntu partion in any way?? submitted by /u/Nicknotname2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl63ed/reinstalling_windows_from_a_dual_booted_system/
  7. Dual booting restart to other system

Dual booting restart to other system: I have dual booting setup on my pc my main system and my development system but to get the development system my computer first boots the main one then asks me which os i would if the main one it goes right to as it already loaded but if it is the development system it will...
  8. Lost half of dual boot

Lost half of dual boot: Having run the Insider program for several months I decided to use my Windows 7 Pro disk to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro by creating a new partition and installing and upgrading there. The PC has happily dual-booted for a month or so from Volume2 (Insider on the original System...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot

Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot: I installed the 10 tech preview along side my win 7 ultimate, I reinstalled, the Windows 7 side of the HDD because after however many years the OS had a LOT of clutter, and even though windows update was a nightmare I finally got all the updates installed and only the...
  10. Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe

Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe: Since Windows 8.1 core OEM has the Sear.ch malware on it and I have a Windows 8.1 Pro key, I'm going to format the partition and reinstall. I have the flash drive ready with Windows 8.1 Pro on it. At the same time I'm going to format the partition and reinstall Windows 10...