Windows 10: If I reinstall windows will my windows pro upgrade still work - Originally Chinese laptop

Discus and support If I reinstall windows will my windows pro upgrade still work - Originally Chinese laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I bought a laptop in China and the operating system was all in Chinese. I have upgraded from the pre-installed Windows 10 Home China to Windows Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John S123123, Feb 29, 2020.

1. If I reinstall windows will my windows pro upgrade still work - Originally Chinese laptop

Hi

I bought a laptop in China and the operating system was all in Chinese. I have upgraded from the pre-installed Windows 10 Home China to Windows Pro which has allowed me to change most of the superficial language settings start menu, task bar, dates etc., however all the Settings menus and several apps are all still in Chinese.

My understanding is the only way to resolve this is to reinstall an English language version of Windows from an external device USB in my case. Will the Pro upgrade I bought still work? It is digitally licensed to my email right?

Thanks
    John

:)

John S123123, Feb 29, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 7 vs 8.1 for SandyBridge i3 laptop

@Vya Domus even my own Windows 10 Pro is a upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro I do this everytime for my setup other wise I got some games and applications that doesn't work properly and one specific game I like to sometimes are Mafia 2 it might start, run my do make unexpected crashes but if I install Windows 8.1 and then upgrade to Windows 10 it works fine and a reinstall of this game doesn't make it work better on Windows 10 sadly.

puma99dk|, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Chinese government bans Windows 8.1

The Chinese government has banned Windows 8.1
    from being purchased for governmental systems,
    concentrating instead on home-brew Linux
    derivatives.
    The Chinese government has announced that its
    agencies will be forbidden from upgrading their
    ageing and end-of-life Windows XP systems to
    Windows 8.1, banning Microsoft's latest
    operating system in the name of security.
    According to local news agency Xinhua , the now
    EOL Windows XP operating system boasts a 70
    per cent market share in China and is installed on
    the majority of governmental systems. With no
    more support from Microsoft, the Chinese
    government is looking to upgrade - but it won't
    be jumping to Microsoft's latest and greatest,
    with Windows 8.1 having been added to an official
    ban list over Microsoft's - natural - plans to
    withdraw support in the coming years as part of
    its regular upgrade cycle.
    Instead, the Chinese government is claimed to be
    pressuring its agencies to concentrate on home-
    brew operating systems based on the Linux kernel
    and GNU utilities, which will be given a rolling-
    upgrade cycle that ensures they never need a
    formal 'upgrade' nor are ever left end-of-life. The
    use of locally-developed software based on
    popular open-source projects will also help boost
    China's national security in the wake of
    revelations from whistleblower Edward Snowden
    that the US routinely weakens cryptographic
    utilities and plants back doors in commercial
    products.
    Microsoft has indicated that the exclusion of
    Windows 8 and its successor Windows 8.1 from
    official governmental bidding came as a surprise,
    but that it will continue to work with the Chinese
    government to find a solution. ' We have been
    and will continue to provide Windows 7 to
    government customers, ' the company claimed
    in a statement to press. ' At the same time we
    are working on the Windows 8 evaluation
    with relevant government agencies.'
    With a population of nearly 1.4 billion people,
    China is a massive market. The country does,
    however, suffer from an incredibly high rate of
    piracy: estimates from the anti-piracy Business
    Software Alliance (BSA) suggested a high of 92
    per cent in 2003, dropping to a still-high 77 per
    cent in 2012 - meaning nearly four out of every
    five software packages used in the country were
    unlicensed.

Chinese government bans Windows 8.1 | bit-tech.net

micropage7, Feb 29, 2020
  4. If I reinstall windows will my windows pro upgrade still work - Originally Chinese laptop

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

If I reinstall windows will my windows pro upgrade still work - Originally Chinese laptop

1. If I reinstall windows will my windows pro upgrade still work - Originally Chinese laptop - Similar Threads - reinstall pro upgrade

2. Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.: I own Lenovo Legion Y530. i5 8th GenGTX 1050ti1 TB SATA HDD128 GB NvMe M.2 SSDI want to upgrade my laptop's SSD from 128 GB to 256 GB. I have original Licensed windows on my 128 GB SSD.When I upgrade it to 256 GB SSD, can someone help me with how do I retail my original...
  3. Upgraded laptop to Windows 10 Pro reinstall question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded laptop to Windows 10 Pro reinstall question.: As many of you know modern laptops save your Windows 10 key in the bios so during install you are never prompted for a key. This can make installing using a different key almost impossible. I had a Windows 7 Pro retail key lying around so I used it to upgrade my laptop to...
  4. Installed Chinese Language and Removed it but still theres a Chinese in my Windows 10...

Installed Chinese Language and Removed it but still theres a Chinese in my Windows 10...: Photo -> submitted by /u/CansiSteak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kopiec/installed_chinese_language_and_removed_it_but/
  5. Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.

Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.: As the title states, I recently reinstalled W10 on my laptop and just realized that it now has Windows 10 Home edition. How can I upgrade it? I don't have any product key. I thought that the licence was associated to the hardware and I didn't need to enter any key....
  6. upgrade windows 10 home chinese to windows 10 pro english

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade windows 10 home chinese to windows 10 pro english: hi, I have the lenovo laptop with installed Windows 10 home Chinese. I bought windows 10 pro on 25/03/2020 and then tried to install it on the laptop, but many attempts were unsuccessful- pop up showed that the key wasn't valid. could you please assist with the installation...
  7. Windows reinstallation (keeping originality)

Windows reinstallation (keeping originality): Hey there community, I have an dell G3 laptop with windows 10 installed For now i know for sure that my windows is corrupted as many of its features are malfunctioning. I have tried dism and sfc and both end up with errors and are not able to complete there process. Also...
  8. upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English

upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English: I recently purchased a laptop from china which has windows 10 home installed on it and I cannot read it. I tried changing the language to English using many different methods and all were unsuccessful. From my understanding the version of windows that I have only allows one...
  9. How to reinstall Windows 10 on a laptop that was originally Windows 7

How to reinstall Windows 10 on a laptop that was originally Windows 7: About 2 years ago, I bought a Windows 7 laptop from Costco and when Windows 10b came out, the laptop had the required specifications to upgrade to Windows 10 for free which I did. Last night, the laptop had a virus and so I used the restore to default settings to bring the...
  10. Will I still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 after a reinstallation?

Will I still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 after a reinstallation?: Hi, Because my current Windows installation seems to have issues that are beyond fixing (http://www.eightforums.com/general-s...tml#post517811), I plan on reinstalling Windows 8.1 though the ISO Installation Media Creation tool. However, I have already reserved my...