Windows 10: If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no

Discus and support If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Sep 10, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no

If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no

:)

sanyijani, Sep 10, 2021

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Getting rid of Trojan Horse on C and D drive?

Help with getting rid of Malware or Trojan Horse on C and D drive, please help me!!!!

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

kimberlysparks708, Sep 10, 2021
  4. If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

1. If i remove the d drive from boot manager trojan still can see my data then change it or no - Similar Threads - remove drive boot

2. How can I gain access of my Data D: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I gain access of my Data D: drive?: Good evening,I am trying install games/files on my computer and trying to save them to the D Drive since it's storage space is untouched. Every time i choose that specific drive it gives me an error "D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied". I have already searched on google...
  3. How can I gain access of my Data D: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I gain access of my Data D: drive?: Good evening,I am trying install games/files on my computer and trying to save them to the D Drive since it's storage space is untouched. Every time i choose that specific drive it gives me an error "D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied". I have already searched on google...
  4. Why can I see my external hard drive is not in file manager, data mgt, or diskpart but I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I see my external hard drive is not in file manager, data mgt, or diskpart but I...: Hi. I have an external drive that does not show up in file manager windows 10. In data management, it does not show any partitions, is labeled disk 1, unknown, and not initialized. Right mouse clicking it "initialize" is greyed out. In diskpart, I see disk 1 with status of...
  5. Why can I see my external hard drive is not in file manager, data mgt, or diskpart but I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I see my external hard drive is not in file manager, data mgt, or diskpart but I...: Hi. I have an external drive that does not show up in file manager windows 10. In data management, it does not show any partitions, is labeled disk 1, unknown, and not initialized. Right mouse clicking it "initialize" is greyed out. In diskpart, I see disk 1 with status of...
  6. If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its...: If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its still vulnerable if i use windows 8.1 rt rtm update 3 updates to 2023 or embedded standard...
  7. If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got only c drive to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got only c drive to...: If i disable to boot from d drive from bios trojan cant change data i got c drive only to use boot it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-disable-to-boot-from-d-drive-from-bios-trojan/5e2386af-e17d-4cef-9d92-6b72976c1f0b
  8. Can Trojans Steal My Data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Trojans Steal My Data?: I had very confidential files in my itunes backup on my PC but was not encrypted. Now when i scan my PC I found some trojans available. I google about the trojan and found that they can steal our files. Have they steal my itunes backup too? I am worried. What is the chance...
  9. Data D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data D Drive: My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am trying to move Steam apps to this drive but I have no way of doing this. I have no way to send the applications to the other...
  10. How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I wanna move everything from temp folders and so on from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive without creating Aria Debug files or other issues how would I do this? Because I already have everything pointing to my DATA (D) Drive but I have...