Windows 10: If I replace the default Windows photo viewer, while I be able to see my images in their...

Discus and support If I replace the default Windows photo viewer, while I be able to see my images in their... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Would I lose the ability to see the images right in File Explorer. Do you know if the XNshell Extension for File Explorer only allows me to preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAPIII, Jan 16, 2019.

1. LAPIII Win User

If I replace the default Windows photo viewer, while I be able to see my images in their...

Would I lose the ability to see the images right in File Explorer. Do you know if the XNshell Extension for File Explorer only allows me to preview the image in the context menu or will allow me to see the images in the folder?

:)

LAPIII, Jan 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Taras Win User
    Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).

I'm not making any headway on answers.Microsoft.com so I'm hoping the experts here can explain why I cannot replace the Photos app with Windows Photo Viewer as the default image viewer (in build 10240). From all outward appearances, it seems Windows Photo Viewer is unavailable.

The saga is explained in detailed words and colorful pictures here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...2-83ece717ddfb

If that's too tl;dr for you, here are the bullet points:

• Windows Photo Viewer is never listed as an option when using "Open with".
    • "Open with" lets you browse the disk and manually select the desired program. I navigated to "\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer" but it contains no program there other than "Imaging Devices" (wrong). Choosing "PhotoViewer.dll" produces an error message.
    • In Control Panel's "Default Program", Windows Photo Viewer is shown to be associated with TIF files and nothing else. Attempts to set JPG to use Windows Photo Viewer fail because, again, its program folder only contains "Imaging Devices" (and the dll).

In an attempt to fix this problem, I used the "nuclear option" and Reset the PC. After Windows 10 (TH1 10240) reinstalled itself, I still couldn't select Windows Photo Viewer to be the default image viewer.

Suggestions to fix this?

Taras, Jan 16, 2019
  4. If I replace the default Windows photo viewer, while I be able to see my images in their...

irfanview default image viewer

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Photo viewer, let me suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    T.T.D. on this post and check if
    Irfanview is on the list.

You can also check on the settings if Irfanview is available.

• Press Windows key+ I
    • Click System
    • Select Default apps
    • Then click Photo viewer
    • You can also check on Choose default apps by the file type
    • Check if Irfanview is on the list

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

If I replace the default Windows photo viewer, while I be able to see my images in their...

1. If I replace the default Windows photo viewer, while I be able to see my images in their... - Similar Threads - replace default photo

2. Default Windows Image Viewer Question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Windows Image Viewer Question.: When I double click on an image via whatever application is the default and I have 100's of images in a folder, is there a quick way to find the image? Like I press 1 button and it links me to the file in the folder or something like that?...
  3. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  4. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  5. Replacement for photo viewer

Replacement for photo viewer: Win ver 19041.388 Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate...
  6. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  7. Windows Photo Viewer not able to set as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photo Viewer not able to set as default: So I've added the registry key to activate back " Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll\shell] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll\shell\open]...
  8. photo viewer default application not able to change

photo viewer default application not able to change: Hai, I have installed Paint.net some time ago. After that my default application change to that program. Whatever I had tried to change it back to the Photo Viewer, nothing is happening. After I go to System -> Default applications and change application for Photos, my...
  9. Replacement for Windows Photo Viewer?

Replacement for Windows Photo Viewer?: I really liked the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 7... The photo viewer built into Windows 10 is terrible. Anyone know any good replacements? Something light weight. 11585
  10. Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).

Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).: I'm not making any headway on answers.Microsoft.com so I'm hoping the experts here can explain why I cannot replace the Photos app with Windows Photo Viewer as the default image viewer (in build 10240). From all outward appearances, it seems Windows Photo Viewer is...