Windows 10: If I reset my computer with windows 10 pro on it will it go?

Discus and support If I reset my computer with windows 10 pro on it will it go? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had my computer for roughly 3 years now. I purchased it off a bloke who custom-built it and when I turned it on it had windows 10 professional on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The DogFather, Feb 26, 2021.

1. If I reset my computer with windows 10 pro on it will it go?

I've had my computer for roughly 3 years now. I purchased it off a bloke who custom-built it and when I turned it on it had windows 10 professional on it if I reset it will windows 10 pro go?

I have not got the product key for windows 10 pro however, If I sign in with no account on the Microsoft store I can see windows 10 pro there but no product key.

:)

The DogFather, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 26, 2021
  4. If I reset my computer with windows 10 pro on it will it go?

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

If I reset my computer with windows 10 pro on it will it go?

1. If I reset my computer with windows 10 pro on it will it go? - Similar Threads - reset computer pro

2. Will I lose my Windows 10 Pro if I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I lose my Windows 10 Pro if I reset my computer?: When I try the "save personal files" option it prompts me with "Insert your Windows installation or recovery media, and restart your PC with the media". So I figured the other option would be better. But I just need to know if I lose my Windows 10 Pro....
  3. Will I lose my Windows 10 Pro if I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I lose my Windows 10 Pro if I reset my computer?: When I try the "save personal files" option it prompts me with "Insert your Windows installation or recovery media, and restart your PC with the media". So I figured the other option would be better. But I just need to know if I lose my Windows 10 Pro....
  4. Will I lose my Windows 10 Pro if I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Will I go back to Windows 10 Home if I reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I go back to Windows 10 Home if I reset?: Hi, so I got a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled but I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but now I want to do a factory reset to give it to someone if I reset and do a clean install on the laptop will it go back to Windows 10 Home or will it stay in Windows 10 Pro?...
  6. Will I go back to Windows 10 Home if I reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I go back to Windows 10 Home if I reset?: Hi, so I got a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled but I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but now I want to do a factory reset to give it to someone if I reset and do a clean install on the laptop will it go back to Windows 10 Home or will it stay in Windows 10 Pro?...
  7. Will I go back to Windows 10 Home if I reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I reset my computer and lost Windows 10 Pro. Can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I reset my computer and lost Windows 10 Pro. Can I get it back?: I will do my best to explain my situation as best as I can. Sorry if it is too long of a post.I use a MacBook Pro, and in order to play games/do some schoolwork, I had to download Windows using BootCamp. How it works is that when downloading Windows, you select which version...
  9. Go pro as camera for a Windows computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Go pro as camera for a Windows computer?: Can I somehow connect my GoPro Hero 7 black to my Windows 10 computer so I can use it as a camera for Microsoft teams? thanks Go pro als Kamera für einem Windows Rechnern?
  10. windows 10 suggested that I reset my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 suggested that I reset my computer: Windows 10 solution was reset my compute to fix bugs and then it erased my microsoft office 2013. cant get in touch with the person who sold me the computer. Windows charged me 12.50 for the monthly use and then told me that they did not recognize me and it would shut...