Windows 10: If I reset my laptop that came with pre-installed manufacturer apps will they still be...

Discus and support If I reset my laptop that came with pre-installed manufacturer apps will they still be... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So basically, I had my laptop for a while. It was running Windows 10 1809, but I had installed something and I was like "Let me just reset my laptop so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akintunde Mabogunje, Mar 16, 2020.

1. If I reset my laptop that came with pre-installed manufacturer apps will they still be...

So basically, I had my laptop for a while. It was running Windows 10 1809, but I had installed something and I was like "Let me just reset my laptop so it will be just like the way I got it". I went to the settings to reset and right when I was going to do the reset I was like "Let me do this later." A few days later, Windows automatically updated and I didn't want it to update. So, I reverted it back. But now, when I try to reset my PC it says there is no recovery environment, even though, there clearly was before. So I'd seen online that you can use the windows media creation tool, but I'm wondering if it will still have the OEM stuff like the apps, drivers, wallpaper and stuff or if it will just be a blank windows 10 setup.

:)

Akintunde Mabogunje, Mar 16, 2020

2. Formatting a Laptop that came pre installed with Windows 7

I just recently found my old laptop that I want to wipe clean and re install Windows 7. I have the product key that was on the bottom of the laptop and need to know the next steps. Windows 7 was pre installed. I did not purchase it.

ReneJacinto, Mar 16, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Pre installed software vs Bloatware

Anything on your laptop that is supplied with it should be downloadable from your manufacturer. Each manufacturer supplies a way of searching for and listing the drivers and utilities for each model, listed by OS supported, from the BIOS to multimedia utilities.

I suggest you go and have a look.

Also, these may be updated occasionally over time.

dalchina, Mar 16, 2020
  4. If I reset my laptop that came with pre-installed manufacturer apps will they still be...

Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Calendar, Store) are gone, cannot be registered

Hello Remy,

As you have performed most of the troubleshooting steps, let us
    try to reset the PC by choosing Keep my files, this will:

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
    • Removes apps and drivers you installed.
    • Removes changes you made to settings.
    • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled).
    I suggest you to refer to the article suggested above.

Disclaimer: All of your settings will be reset. All apps that you installed will be removed. Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

If I reset my laptop that came with pre-installed manufacturer apps will they still be...

1. If I reset my laptop that came with pre-installed manufacturer apps will they still be... - Similar Threads - reset laptop came

2. If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?: Read the above question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-will-my-product-key-be-reset/66036ffd-b8e9-44eb-bcb5-852ecc47f166
  3. If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?: Read the above question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-will-my-product-key-be-reset/66036ffd-b8e9-44eb-bcb5-852ecc47f166
  4. If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I want to reset my laptop without removing pre installed apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reset my laptop without removing pre installed apps.: Is it possible to factory reset without deleting the apps that came on the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-laptop-without-removing-pre/3b74926a-3356-4fdf-be21-73c70e88bec8
  6. I want to reset my laptop without removing pre installed apps.

I want to reset my laptop without removing pre installed apps.: Is it possible to factory reset without deleting the apps that came on the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-laptop-without-removing-pre/3b74926a-3356-4fdf-be21-73c70e88bec8
  7. Resetting Windows 11 without losing license that came pre-installed by the laptop's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Windows 11 without losing license that came pre-installed by the laptop's...: I bought a brand new laptop and it came with pre-installed Windows 11. Recently i've been running into some problems, probably some sort of malware or something and i want to "Reset My PC" by "Removing everything". I just want to make sure if i will lose my Free Windows 11...
  8. Resetting Windows 11 without losing license that came pre-installed by the laptop's...

Resetting Windows 11 without losing license that came pre-installed by the laptop's...: I bought a brand new laptop and it came with pre-installed Windows 11. Recently i've been running into some problems, probably some sort of malware or something and i want to "Reset My PC" by "Removing everything". I just want to make sure if i will lose my Free Windows 11...
  9. The pre-installed apps on my laptop are corrupting.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The pre-installed apps on my laptop are corrupting.: I have ran a virus check and nothings wrong. When I launch one, for example mail, it says This app can't open. It then sends me to the Microsoft store, where it saysnthis app has encountered a problem and a prompt to reinstall. Every time I try to reinstall it stops at...
  10. Laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 is now asking to activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 is now asking to activate: I bought my laptop online which had pre-installed genuine windows 10. It worked well for a few months but after that, it started showing "please activate your windows". I realize that I have a digital license and it should be activated automatically but it's not detecting no...