Windows 10: If I reset my Windows 10, does it need an internet connection?

Discus and support If I reset my Windows 10, does it need an internet connection? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, 3-4 days from now I'm gonna reset my computer because of some issues like = I dont have a wifi option neither an airplane mode in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BejayCelis, Sep 27, 2018.

1. If I reset my Windows 10, does it need an internet connection?

Hello, 3-4 days from now I'm gonna reset my computer because of some issues like

= I dont have a wifi option neither an airplane mode in windows 10 lmao

= Instability issue

=Windows Update and Defender

so I'm just wondering if resetting my computer needs an internet connection and also, If I reset my pc, will my Windows 10 stays updated and will not revert to [from the version when I bought this pc]?

Windows 10 Home

MS Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.320)

My Potato PC Specs:

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel Core i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz

4.0 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 730

Hope this helps!

PS. I'm new to this community If I reset my Windows 10, does it need an internet connection? :p

:)

BejayCelis, Sep 27, 2018

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    I have to constantly reset connection,Internet disconnects frequently,attaching Wlan Report

Hi
    Ashita,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your internet connection keeps on disrupting. It is possible that your
    drivers are outdated, TCP/IP
    needs to be reset/reconfigure, or the issue is within your internet connection itself. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and let us know if you notice any changes:

Method 1: Network and Internet Troubleshooter.

To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run
      the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections

• Network Adapter

• Incoming Connections

Method 2: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh
        int
        ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your
    WiFi connection.

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

We'll be waiting for your updates regarding the issue.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 27, 2018
  4. If I reset my Windows 10, does it need an internet connection?

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

If I reset my Windows 10, does it need an internet connection?

1. If I reset my Windows 10, does it need an internet connection? - Similar Threads - reset does need

2. After I reset this windows tablet it won't connect to my internet connection!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After I reset this windows tablet it won't connect to my internet connection!!!: So I found this windows tablet at a thrift store and when I got home I figured out it was a tablet and it had a micro USB port but it didn't work but eventually it worked and I saw that someone named Lisa owned the tablet and there was a password on it the password hint was...
  3. I changed the internet provider and I need to reset wifi connection on my windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the internet provider and I need to reset wifi connection on my windows 10...: I changed the internet provider and I need to reset wifi connection on my windows 10 computer. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-internet-provider-and-i-need-to/26202e5a-68d1-42e1-9277-d274c231d79f
  4. I changed the internet provider and I need to reset wifi connection on my windows 10...

I changed the internet provider and I need to reset wifi connection on my windows 10...: I changed the internet provider and I need to reset wifi connection on my windows 10 computer. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-internet-provider-and-i-need-to/26202e5a-68d1-42e1-9277-d274c231d79f
  5. I changed the internet provider and I need to reset wifi connection on my windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...: in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset network adapter setting with no internet access. Do you have fix for this problem if turning dhcp off and set manual ip does not solve the problem?...
  7. in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...

in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...: in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset network adapter setting with no internet access. Do you have fix for this problem if turning dhcp off and set manual ip does not solve the problem?...
  8. in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Resetting internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resetting internet connection: I have had the “invalid IP configuration” prompt when I run diagnostic on the troubleshooter. I have tried running as admin and putting in “netsh int ipv4” reset command over and over five different ways that the instructional videos on youtube show as well as an article...
  10. What is devicecensus.exe on Windows 10 and why does it need Internet connectivity?

in Windows 10 News
    What is devicecensus.exe on Windows 10 and why does it need Internet connectivity?: If you are using a firewall on your Windows 10 PCs and have configured the protective layer to inform you about new processes that try to establish outbound connections, you may have noticed that a program called devicecensus.exe attempting to establish a connection...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 reset to factory require an internet connection ?

2. does reset windows 10 require internet