Windows 10: If I reset my Windows 10 PC, will it revert back to its original pre-installed Windows 8.1?

Discus and support If I reset my Windows 10 PC, will it revert back to its original pre-installed Windows 8.1? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I bought my then-new PC, it came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. Then Microsoft offered its free upgrade to Windows 10, so I did it. My PC has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianCharles1, Jan 15, 2019.

1. If I reset my Windows 10 PC, will it revert back to its original pre-installed Windows 8.1?

When I bought my then-new PC, it came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. Then Microsoft offered its free upgrade to Windows 10, so I did it. My PC has run nicely so far --- it probably helps that I don't use it everyday --- but I'm wondering what will happen if issues do arise and I need to reset it. Would it revert back to Windows 8.1, forcing me to pay for another upgrade to 10?

Also, when I first bought it, I created a set of recovery disks. Because I later switched to Windows 10, should I now create new recovery media?

Thank you in advance for any responses!

:)

BrianCharles1, Jan 15, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 15, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Origin PC Takes Orders for Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro OS Options

ORIGIN PC is now taking orders for Microsoft's highly anticipated, Windows 8 operating system. Starting today, customers can now select Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro to be installed on any new ORIGIN Desktop or EON Laptop orders and be one of the first to ship on the official launch date of October 26th. The wait is over and ORIGIN PC will begin building your system now! Avoid the rush and backlog of waiting for October 26th. Order your next ORIGIN PC with Windows 8 today.

If I reset my Windows 10 PC, will it revert back to its original pre-installed Windows 8.1? 17a_thm.jpg

Windows 8 Features:
    • Windows 7 foundation: Windows 8 is designed and built off the rock-solid foundation you've come to expect from Windows 7 offering great performance on an ORIGIN PC.
    • New Start Menu: The new Start Menu contains all of the information and applications you care about in one place, such as your contacts, the weather, internet or even your favorite PC games in customizable tiles for your convenience.
    • Cloud Connected: Windows 8 can store your settings, files and information to the cloud using your Microsoft account and allows you to log in into any other Windows 8 enabled device to sync your start page, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites.
    • Faster Boot Up Times: With a better allocation of system applications and resources, Windows 8 offers a significantly faster boot up time over its predecessors.
    • Free Lifetime 24/7 Support: Every ORIGIN PC comes with industry leading Lifetime 24/7 Support based in the United States ready to help answer any Windows 8 related questions.
    "Big launches are typically structured in a way where consumers have to wait for a specific date and then suffer through hassles including long lines, delays, and/or backlogs." said Kevin Wasielewski ORIGIN PC CEO and co-founder. "ORIGIN PC is offering this fantastic opportunity for our customers to avoid these hassles by placing custom PC orders with Windows 8 today and being one of the first to start shipping on October 26th."

btarunr, Jan 15, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

If I reset my Windows 10 PC, will it revert back to its original pre-installed Windows 8.1?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

If I reset my Windows 10 PC, will it revert back to its original pre-installed Windows 8.1?

1. If I reset my Windows 10 PC, will it revert back to its original pre-installed Windows 8.1? - Similar Threads - reset revert original

2. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  3. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  4. After resetting my PC, its back on Windows 10 Home instead of the Windows 11 I installed...

After resetting my PC, its back on Windows 10 Home instead of the Windows 11 I installed...: My PC kept freezing in recent times so I decided to back up my data, completely reset everything Formatting and then reinstall my app. Well, its a nightmare now. I bought the PC 6 years ago with the following specs:Device name DESKTOP-BSJ8P0I Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7400...
  5. revert images back to original

in Windows 10 Gaming
    revert images back to original: hi, Long time back, I cropped an image on windows 7 pc. after some time I shifted to windows 10 on that same pc and now I want the original photo back without any cropping but I can't find a wayI have the cropped image on my pc. I also tried revert back to original option but...
  6. revert images back to original

revert images back to original: hi, Long time back, I cropped an image on windows 7 pc. after some time I shifted to windows 10 on that same pc and now I want the original photo back without any cropping but I can't find a wayI have the cropped image on my pc. I also tried revert back to original option but...
  7. revert images back to original

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 7 Pre-install Revert

Windows 7 Pre-install Revert: Hi, My name is Pratyush and I recently started using windows 10 and My license is about to expire, But my system already had windows 7-Ultimate pre-installed , so is it when my license is expired, My system will go back to windows 7 or will it be gone?...
  9. Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10: I use a Lenovo tablet that really wasn't supposed to handle Windows 10, but I tried it and it worked for a while. But with each Windows 10 update there seems to be more problems. Is it possible to revert back to Windows 8?...
  10. Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?

Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?: I bought a Lenovo Idea Pad Y510P a long time ago. Recently I went in and did a destructive recovery. It recovers it to Windows 10 even though the specs it came with shows it came with Windows 8. The problem is Lenovo states this laptop isn't compatible with Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i reset my pc and it was not originally windoes 10 will it revert back to windows 8

2. windows 10 preinstalled laptop reverted to windows 8