Windows 10: If i reset my windows 10 will it wipe my external HDD as well.

Discus and support If i reset my windows 10 will it wipe my external HDD as well. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was told to reset my windows because of other problems i was facing. I dont want it to wipe everything i have on my external.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sebastianlecates, Mar 3, 2021.

1. If i reset my windows 10 will it wipe my external HDD as well.

I was told to reset my windows because of other problems i was facing. I dont want it to wipe everything i have on my external.

:)

sebastianlecates, Mar 3, 2021

2. How to install Windows 10 on external HDD

Hello,

I have an external HDD. I want to install Windows 10 Enterprise which I have purchased recently.

Please guide me, if possible step by step on how to install Windows 10 on external HDD.

Thanks,

Siddarth Hegde

SidTheGooner, Mar 3, 2021
  3. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 3, 2021
  4. dermy Win User

If i reset my windows 10 will it wipe my external HDD as well.

External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

If i reset my windows 10 will it wipe my external HDD as well.

1. If i reset my windows 10 will it wipe my external HDD as well. - Similar Threads - reset wipe external

2. My external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external HDD: My external HDD is no longer listed on my files menu. It used to be fully accessible under the "F Drive". But now I can't gain access to any of my files that are on it. It doesn't show up under drives anymore, instead, it's under devices and printers. Is it possible I loaded...
  3. My external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external HDD: My external HDD is no longer listed on my files menu. It used to be fully accessible under the "F Drive". But now I can't gain access to any of my files that are on it. It doesn't show up under drives anymore, instead, it's under devices and printers. Is it possible I loaded...
  4. I can't reset or wipe my laptop because of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reset or wipe my laptop because of Windows 10: Hello, I've had this problem since yesterday. I recently rolled back to my Windows 10 from Windows 11, and now, Some of the apps aren't working so I decided to double back and return to Windows 11, But, There are many problems. My Windows 10 suddenly de-activated and I can't...
  5. I can't reset or wipe my laptop because of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't reset or wipe my laptop because of Windows 10: Hello, I've had this problem since yesterday. I recently rolled back to my Windows 10 from Windows 11, and now, Some of the apps aren't working so I decided to double back and return to Windows 11, But, There are many problems. My Windows 10 suddenly de-activated and I can't...
  6. If i reset my windows 10 will it wipe my ssd as well.

If i reset my windows 10 will it wipe my ssd as well.: I was told to reset my windows because of other problems i was facing. I don't want it to wipe everything i have on my external. I have a desktop and only one drive....
  7. Does resetting Windows 10 wipes my other hard disk as well?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does resetting Windows 10 wipes my other hard disk as well?: [ATTACH] So i been trying to reset my windows 10, i chose keep all of personal files. And when i checked the list of the apps that will be remove if i reset my windows, i noticed majority of the apps listed r kept in my D: disc while my windows 10 r installed in C: disc. I...
  8. How to wipe my hdd and reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to wipe my hdd and reinstall windows: I wanna wipe my hdd and start from scratch with a fresh os on my ssd submitted by /u/Marlonkys [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2hwsn/how_to_wipe_my_hdd_and_reinstall_windows/
  9. well i lose windows 10 if reset my pc

well i lose windows 10 if reset my pc: hello so i bought a pc with a fresh windows 10 on it but now i want to reset everything within this pc if i do that will my windows 10 gone and i have to get a new one or not btw my pc started with windows 10 not windows 8 or whatever what i mean is i bought windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 performed an auto update and wiped my HDD

Windows 10 performed an auto update and wiped my HDD: I shut down my computer a few days ago and went to bed. The next morning the computer sat on the windows logo with rotating dots on startup for an hour. I shut it down, cleared cmos, reverted bios to default, and tried again. The same thing happened. I tried again and it said...