Windows 10: If I Reset Windows, does it remove my OEM Windows 10 Home License

Discus and support If I Reset Windows, does it remove my OEM Windows 10 Home License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Home OEM License. Will my license be removed if I reset my Windows to Factory and wipe all data using the windows program Not USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by joeeyh, Dec 24, 2020.

1. joeeyh Win User

If I Reset Windows, does it remove my OEM Windows 10 Home License

I have a Windows 10 Home OEM License. Will my license be removed if I reset my Windows to Factory and wipe all data using the windows program Not USB

:)

joeeyh, Dec 24, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

1. If I Reset Windows, does it remove my OEM Windows 10 Home License - Similar Threads - Reset does remove

2. does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?: Is it possible to remove Upgrade license from Computer A without losing its OEM license?I need to use Windows 10 Pro which is an upgrade license as Virtual Machine in another Computer B; does using Windows 10 Pro upgrade license as Virtual Machine make Computer A lose its OEM...
  3. does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?: Is it possible to remove Upgrade license from Computer A without losing its OEM license?I need to use Windows 10 Pro which is an upgrade license as Virtual Machine in another Computer B; does using Windows 10 Pro upgrade license as Virtual Machine make Computer A lose its OEM...
  4. does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Resetting the PC will remove KMS back to OEM license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting the PC will remove KMS back to OEM license?: That is just a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-the-pc-will-remove-kms-back-to-oem/b2acec3b-10df-49b1-9bd4-f14f03a2f093
  6. Will reseting Windows 10 using the cloud download option remove my oem license?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will reseting Windows 10 using the cloud download option remove my oem license?: I have a legion y520 laptop and i want to reset it using the cloud download option but im not sure if that option retains my license. submitted by /u/The_Phantom_Soldier [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?

Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?: Hello there, I want to upgrade my HP laptop from Windows 10 Home OEM license to Pro using retail key but i always get the error windows is not activated even though it is a genuine product key from Microsoft. Thanks in advance for any help....
  8. Does a Windows 10 Pro Retail License wipe an OEM Windows 10 Home license permanently?

Does a Windows 10 Pro Retail License wipe an OEM Windows 10 Home license permanently?: I own a Windows 10 Pro Retail License with the included USB from a previous pc build which I have now sold as parts. I have recently bought a laptop as a replacement with an OEM Windows 10 Home license that I am planning on keeping for a year or two and replacing in the...
  9. Removing the OEM license

Removing the OEM license: I bought a Windows 10 DVD which had an OEM license. What is the procedure for removing the key from my current laptop and reactivating it in my another laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-oem-license/a42debfe-4cb5-4a7c-8b6f-4baf4ec53456"
  10. Windows 10 Home SL License-OEM

Windows 10 Home SL License-OEM: Hi, May I ask one more time to be sure, I feel confused again. After I found it on my computer, "Read the microsoft software license terms - latest update 2015", What the meaning of these (text bold). (iv) The software may include third party programs that are licensed...