Windows 10: If I run my apps as the administrator, will it affect the admin account?

Discus and support If I run my apps as the administrator, will it affect the admin account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey, I have 2 users in my dad's laptop which is Windows 10 btw the first is obviously my dad's and the 2nd one is mine. My dad is the administrator.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AryaKhushi, Sep 11, 2021.

1. If I run my apps as the administrator, will it affect the admin account?

Hey, I have 2 users in my dad's laptop which is Windows 10 btw the first is obviously my dad's and the 2nd one is mine. My dad is the administrator. Sometimes I need to run files and apps AS THE ADMINISTRATOR. I just wanna ask that if I run MY apps and files as the administrator if my DAD, so will my apps and files affect his user account? If YES, then how do I prevent it?

:)

AryaKhushi, Sep 11, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Lazarus23 Win User
    App can't be opened using the built-in administrator account.

Created new user, made it admin, disabled "Run all administrators in admin approval mode" to get rid of shields, restarted PC And still get this blue screen and can't open apps...
    What a shame...

Lazarus23, Sep 11, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

If I run my apps as the administrator, will it affect the admin account?

Windows10 think my local user admin as Built-in Administrator. App can't be openen using the built-in administrator account

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

If I run my apps as the administrator, will it affect the admin account?

1. If I run my apps as the administrator, will it affect the admin account? - Similar Threads - run apps administrator

2. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  3. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  4. Apps not running as admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running as admin.: i cant run apps as an administrator,it say "restriction" even tho i am the only administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-running-as-admin/78bb2e04-a624-409e-8a1f-3252a3e9f9ff
  5. Apps not running as admin.

Apps not running as admin.: i cant run apps as an administrator,it say "restriction" even tho i am the only administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-running-as-admin/78bb2e04-a624-409e-8a1f-3252a3e9f9ff
  6. Help with Admin/Administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Admin/Administrator accounts: It there any way to either add more security to your user account (third party or not) or configure some settings so another administrator cannot delete my profile without a password or something else? Not in the greatest household right now and I am constantly threatened...
  7. Unable to "Run As Administrator" on an Admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to "Run As Administrator" on an Admin account.: Hi everyone, Unable to "Run As Administrator" on anAdmin account. Is this a feature that is disabled with the Windows Insider preview releases? If so, is there a tweak like a registry key that will reenable this please? I'm not really wanting to go back to theslow...
  8. Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for...: My brother put in a new SSD into my pc and then tried to move my desktop and my OSto launch from the SSD onto it. And now most things wont start correctly or start at all with out me doing run as administrator, and even actions like starting up discord, will only start the...
  9. Restictions on user account affecting admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restictions on user account affecting admin account: I have a user account for school and a separate admin account for home, and restrictions on my school account are on my admin account. I don't have the school account connected to my home account. Is it possible to stop this?...
  10. All of a sudden I can't run some apps with my admin account?

All of a sudden I can't run some apps with my admin account?: I'm used to only ever having one account on my computers because I don't share them. I (regrettably?) upgraded my laptop to Win 10 months ago and yet I've only now noticed that I can't run certain apps including Calculator and Edge because my account is an 'Admin' account. I...