Windows 10: If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?

Discus and support If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, a friend of mine have a gamepass on her microsoft account so she gave me her login so i can play some games on my pc, i logged in to her account on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by llamay, May 10, 2023.

1. llamay Win User

If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?

Hi, a friend of mine have a gamepass on her microsoft account so she gave me her login so i can play some games on my pc, i logged in to her account on microsoft store and my windows account changed to hers, also my browser Edge started syncing passwords and bookmarks somehow without me touching anything.... it all happened automatically, can she now see all my passwords and bookmarks? i already logged off her account and turned the sync settings off but can it somehow saved on her account?

:)

llamay, May 10, 2023

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 10, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, May 10, 2023
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 10, 2023
Thema:

1. If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords? - Similar Threads - sign friends microsoft

2. Forgot Windows 10 password, and no Microsoft account signed in. How can I change password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Windows 10 password, and no Microsoft account signed in. How can I change password?: I've been using picture password for a few month so I forgot my account password, and I also don't have any account which have already signed in. So how can I change my password?...
  3. If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?: Hi, a friend of mine have a gamepass on her microsoft account so she gave me her login so i can play some games on my pc, i logged in to her account on microsoft store and my windows account changed to hers, also my browser Edge started syncing passwords and bookmarks somehow...
  4. If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?: Hi, a friend of mine have a gamepass on her microsoft account so she gave me her login so i can play some games on my pc, i logged in to her account on microsoft store and my windows account changed to hers, also my browser Edge started syncing passwords and bookmarks somehow...
  5. How can I sign into my account without password or pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I sign into my account without password or pin?: I can’t sign into my computer. I have a discontinued HP Pavilion 595 sum sum and I can’t find an answer that works anywhere. It started when I entered the BIOS and when I went to sign in again like usual it didn’t let me enter my pin. My pin is what I usually use to sign in...
  6. How can I sign into my account without password or pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I sign into my account without password or pin?: I can’t sign into my computer. I have a discontinued HP Pavilion 595 sum sum and I can’t find an answer that works anywhere. It started when I entered the BIOS and when I went to sign in again like usual it didn’t let me enter my pin. My pin is what I usually use to sign in...
  7. Microsoft Sign-in account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign-in account password: I created an account with Microsoft security and privacy. When I was finishing the process, after signing in the code from email address it asked for my password one last time and I put it but it said WRONG PASSWORD every single time. I thought maybe I forgot so I reset my...
  8. I found my friend's personal OneDrive account on Microsoft word...Did she use my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I found my friend's personal OneDrive account on Microsoft word...Did she use my laptop?: I am currently signed into my school's network on Microsoft 365 word so I am not using a personal Microsoft account. When I clicked 'Recent' I saw my friend's personal OneDrive account as a sign in option, which is really strange as I have never let her sign into her email on...
  9. Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?: In my laptop, my Microsoft Account is linked to the Windows 10 installed. I would like to Sign in (either from being Locked, restart or shut down) using a different alpha-numeric password than my Microsoft Password. Can this be done?...
  10. Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?: Or will it at least let me merge the two/keep my settings and files from my local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sign-in-with-a-microsoft-account-and-keep-my/5303135f-073a-4f4d-91ed-5f4deb347fd2