Windows 10: If I switch on the mobile hotspot on my pc the internet stops working on the pc and works...

Discus and support If I switch on the mobile hotspot on my pc the internet stops working on the pc and works... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; . submitted by /u/Danzoo32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vhe31t/if_i_switch_on_the_mobile_hotspot_on_my_pc_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Danzoo32, Jun 21, 2022.

1. If I switch on the mobile hotspot on my pc the internet stops working on the pc and works...

/u/Danzoo32, Jun 21, 2022
  2. letex Win User

Windows Hotspot working / PC internet not working

Hello

I'm triying to set a wifi HotSpot on Windows 10 Pro 21h2 19044.1766 to give internet acces throught LAN cable form my PC, because a limited mobile connection on work zone

The net setup is:

Internet <---- LAN <---- PC <----Usb Wifi <----- Mobile Devices

With hotspot configured but not shared internet in adaptor properties I have internet on PC and not in mobiles devices

Just in the moment I change settings in network adapter properties into internet shared with Virtual LAN adapter (created with hotspot) I have internet on mobile devices, but I lost internet in PC

If I switch on the mobile hotspot on my pc the internet stops working on the pc and works... [​IMG]

Realy, I have LAN access because via PING I reach other local networks but I can't access any remote server neither any web page.
    It seems like firewall or MicroTrend Antivirus would be blocking connection outside brigde between (Virtual wifi adapter) <-> (Local LAN network)

In this PC I got this setup working for a while....I remenber I accept and firewall exception and then worked....but I can't allow this exception again

Any help would be much appreciated !!!

thanks in advance to everybody

letex, Jun 22, 2022
  3. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON ONE PC NOT WORKING!

Hi UthmanSharif,

can you please clarify better?
    On the first pc, can't you configure the mobile hotspot or can't connect to a mobile hotspot?

What is the error message you receive on the PC where you cannot configure the mobile hotspot?
    Post the screenshot.

Are the 2 PCs connected to the internet via the same router?

Try to restore the network on the pc that does not work the mobile hotspot:

Settings> Network and Internet> Status, click on Network Reset on the right side, follow the instructions.

franco d'esaro, Jun 22, 2022
  4. If I switch on the mobile hotspot on my pc the internet stops working on the pc and works...

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot stopped working: How to fix?

I had been using Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot to successfully join two laptops together for a couple of months, but recently it has stopped working and my (somewhat limited1) skills and Windows' diagnostics have not been able to get it going again.

Details

• Dell XPS-15 Laptop running Windows 10 Professional (10.0.17763).
      • Wired ethernet connection (via Dell Thunderbolt dock) to the internet.
      • Mobile Hotspot enabled over Wi-Fi, sharing above connection.
    • Sony VAIO-X Laptop running Windows 7 Professional SP1.
      • Connected over Wi-Fi to the Mobile Hotspot provided by the Dell.

After a couple of initial problems getting all the right settings in place, I was able to:

• Connect to the internet from the Dell.
    • Connect to the internet over Wi-Fi from the Sony using the mobile hotspot.
    • File-share in both directions between the Sony and the Dell over Wi-Fi.
    • RDP from the Dell to the Sony over Wi-Fi.

The above system is what I use in a serviced office space. At home, I mainly use the Sony and connect to my home broadband over Wi-Fi. For the most part, the Sony would switch happily between connecting to my broadband when at home and the hotspot in the office.

The Problem

A short while ago, the Sony stopped (reliably) connecting to the hotspot. As far as I can remember, I had not (knowingly) changed any network-related settings on either machine, nor explicitly updated any drivers (although it's possible this did happen through Windows Update on the Dell). I seem to remember that at some point Windows' diagnostics on the Sony indicating it couldn't get an IP address, so I tried ipconfig /renew and using this when a problem occurred seemed to fix things for a while.

Since the initial problems, the ipconfig /renew on the Sony no longer works: it returns (after quite a long wait):

Attempts to Fix

Since the "renew" command stopped "fixing" things, and with the help of on-line searches / StackExchange, I have tried running all (obviously) suitable Windows' diagnostics on both machines, and they don't indicate problems. I have inspected settings of various components2, but none (by my somewhat limited knowledge1) looked wrong. Where possible, I have tried disabling/enabling components to "reset" things, but this hasn't made any noticeable difference. Both machines have been rebooted a number of times, and the Dell is up-to-date with both Windows and Dell.

Current State

• The Sony successfully makes a Wi-Fi connection to the Dell, so the Wi-Fi adapters on both are working and (at least somewhat) configured correctly. However, nothing shows under the Devices connected: section of the Dell's Mobile Hotspot settings page.
    • pinging by name from either machine cannot find the host; pinging what ipconfig reports as the other machine's IP address gives PING: transmit failed. General failure. from both machines.
    • If I try connecting my Android 'phone to the Dell's hotspot, it seems to connect at the Wi-Fi layer but, after a number of attempts, fails with "Failed to obtain IP address.".
    • If I activate the Mobile Hotspot of my 'phone (to share its 4G connection) then I can successfully connect to it (and the internet) from the Sony.

To me, the latter two results suggest the problem is more likely to be with the Dell than the Sony.

Conclusion

While the Wi-Fi link-layer of the Mobile Hotspot is working on the Dell, some part of the higher layers are not. In particular, it does not appear to be issuing IP addresses. Whether this is because DHCP is not running over the hotspot, or something more fundamental at the IP level is not working, I don't know.

Can someone suggest a more directed approach to diagnosing/fixing the problem?

1 I'm fairly technical (programmer for 25 years including writing TCP/IP client/server software at the socket() level). However, my "in depth" knowledge of which bits of Windows affects which other bits of Windows as far as networking is concerned is much more limited.

2 I've not posted specific settings as I feel there are too many possible things I could post, and I'm not sure which are most relevant. However, I'll gladly add any if requested.

TripeHound, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

If I switch on the mobile hotspot on my pc the internet stops working on the pc and works...

1. If I switch on the mobile hotspot on my pc the internet stops working on the pc and works... - Similar Threads - switch mobile hotspot

2. Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.: Hello,Windows 10 has a feature that lets you set up a mobile hotspot for other devices to connect to, like sharing the connection. Because the wireless internet connection in my room is bad, and my PC is connected to the router using a LAN cable, I use this feature a lot....
  3. Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.: Hello,Windows 10 has a feature that lets you set up a mobile hotspot for other devices to connect to, like sharing the connection. Because the wireless internet connection in my room is bad, and my PC is connected to the router using a LAN cable, I use this feature a lot....
  4. Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile hotspot if switched on internet doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot if switched on internet doesnt work: So, This issue started for me 2 days back whenever I try to switch on mobile hotspot the network on pc gets disconnected but the hotspot works fine.Like i use ethernet cable to use internet on my pc if i dont swtich on hotspot it works fine, but when i switch on my hotspot...
  6. Mobile hotspot if switched on internet doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot if switched on internet doesnt work: So, This issue started for me 2 days back whenever I try to switch on mobile hotspot the network on pc gets disconnected but the hotspot works fine.Like i use ethernet cable to use internet on my pc if i dont swtich on hotspot it works fine, but when i switch on my hotspot...
  7. PC's mobile hotspot not working

PC's mobile hotspot not working: My laptop is connected to a working network and everything can be browsed on the net. But when I am creating a mobile hotspot from it, the new device that gets connected to my laptop is not getting the network connectivity....
  8. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON ONE PC NOT WORKING!

MOBILE HOTSPOT ON ONE PC NOT WORKING!: [IMG][IMG]Here are 2 pictures of 2 pc’s hotspots. The first one doesnt work. Second one does and shows hotspot name and password on the screen. Both run newest, same version of windows 10. First pc used to work, but now doesn’t. Please help. I have updates drivers and...
  9. Mobile Hotspot not working for my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot not working for my PC: The college where I study allows me to access its WiFi service only through a single device at a time, thanks to the shitty Sophos Client system we have here. Wasn't much of a problem though, since most of the times, I connected the the Wifi thorugh my PC and used the Mobile...
  10. Mobile Hotspot not working from my PC

Mobile Hotspot not working from my PC: hi, I am sharing my internet over my mobile hotspot on my DELL Inspiron PC running Windows 10. The Samsung TV that I connected it to says its connected to the hotspot but not to the internet. The internet is working fine on my PC Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why internet stop working on pc when hoyspot is running