Windows 10: If i tap the left side of my laptop, the left mouse button will activate randomly. Any help?

Discus and support If i tap the left side of my laptop, the left mouse button will activate randomly. Any help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/ESGO7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwpntl/if_i_tap_the_left_side_of_my_laptop_the_left/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ESGO7, Apr 7, 2020.

1. /u/ESGO7 Win User

If i tap the left side of my laptop, the left mouse button will activate randomly. Any help?

/u/ESGO7, Apr 7, 2020

2. Left touchpad button on Alienware laptop seems malfunctional

Hello,

I recently bought an Alienware 15' laptop in December and have been having problems with the left touchpad button since I bought the computer. I have not really tried experimenting with the right button and selecting something through a tap on the touchpad
    works accurately. I've had the following problems with the left button since I purchased the laptop:

1) Clicking does not always work on the first try. Sometimes I have to click on something several times for it to select whatever I am trying to click on.

2) Trying to highlight anything is extremely frustrating. For example, when I am trying to highlight a sentence on Microsoft Office, I will click and highlight a section then release the left mouse button, and it will continue to highlight. I then have to
    click the left mouse button again, which usually leads to my highlighted section being unhighlighted. I have to do this several times for the highlighting to work, which is extremely frustrating. A similar happens with trying to scroll with the scroll bar
    on any website- when I try to stop scrolling by releasing the left mouse button, it will continue to scroll as if I still have the left mouse button pushed down.

3) Sometimes the click will act as a double-click. It will randomly do this.

Please help. I have tried to reset the touch settings and mess around with the settings with no luck. Thank you.

Kelsey Czajkowski, Apr 7, 2020
  3. mouse left button sometimes reacts as if the right mouse button was used, it happens randomly after windows 10 update 1803

My mouse left button sometimes reacts as if the right mouse button was used, it happens randomly (approx. 1 out of 6 mouseclicks) after windows 10 update 1803 one week ago (end of June 2018). Before that the mouse worked fine. I have a Asus Zen laptop and
    a Dell mouse and I am a right handed person.

But while looking, trying and searching for a solution I noticed sometime peculiar: if I exchange the left and right mouse button as the main button in the windos settings, everything works fine, except that the buttons are exchanged, which
    I of course don't want to have permanently!!!

If I restore the left mouse button as the main button, the same erratice behaviour returns.

Why is this left mouse not working anymore as it should, after the windows 10 1803 update ????

Peter van der Jagt, Apr 7, 2020
  4. If i tap the left side of my laptop, the left mouse button will activate randomly. Any help?

Left & Right mouse buttons randomly stops respond correctly (start two weeks ago)

Hi,

About two weeks ago, the mouse (new Logitech G502) began to cause problems.

Randomly, the left & right mouse buttons do not respond correctly.

The taskbar cannot be clicked (also not on Start).

If I press ALT + CTRL + DELETE and then the left and right buttons respond.

I reinstall the Logitech drivers ...

Please help to fix this and sorry for bad English :\

Regards,

Chen

Chen Bossa, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

If i tap the left side of my laptop, the left mouse button will activate randomly. Any help?

1. If i tap the left side of my laptop, the left mouse button will activate randomly. Any help? - Similar Threads - tap left side

2. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  3. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  4. Left mouse button not working

Left mouse button not working: Hello, I have Logitech mouse. The mouse's left button stops working some time. some time it works perfectly but suddenly stops working. its very strange problem. other switches like right button, scroll wheel, dpi buttons etc. working fine. please help me. Thanks...
  5. Left Side Pointers for Mouse

Left Side Pointers for Mouse: Recently I had an injury to my Right Wrist To handle mouse, i switched primary and secondary buttons. But i see all the mouse pointers available only for right side operators. could you please help me to get left side pointers regards Swaminathan...
  6. Mouse left click switched to side button

Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  7. How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?: I recently started using windows after being a mac use for the past decade. One thing I've gotten very used to is using the left-side button on my (microsoft) mouse to "open in new tab" when I'm in a web browser. However it seems in windows the default mapping for this button...
  8. Mouse cursor moves left side

Mouse cursor moves left side: Hi team, I am using windoes 10. My mouse cursor keeps on moving left side and it always select the first file in tha folder and am not able to scroll down. I have troubleshooting and uninstalled the mouse driver. But still facing the issue. Can you please help? Thanks...
  9. Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen

Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen: Hello I have an all in one HP and the mouse jumps to the top left of the screen when using web pages or when not using the PC it opens windows of icons or folders. I have tried uninstalling the mouse software in Device Manager but does not make a difference. Is there anyway...
  10. Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen.

Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen.: Hello I have recently bought a new computer and the mouse when gaming jumps to the left corner of the screen, normally over the windows button. When in webpages it also does the same and jumps to the Windows button. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance 58859