Windows 10: If I turn off S Mode the Windows Defender remains intact?

Discus and support If I turn off S Mode the Windows Defender remains intact? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I turn off S Mode the Windows Defender remains intact?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaryBallantine, Aug 14, 2020.

1. If I turn off S Mode the Windows Defender remains intact?

If I turn off S Mode the Windows Defender remains intact?

:)

MaryBallantine, Aug 14, 2020

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows Defender Real-time Protection will not turn on

Did you follow the steps recommended in Solutions

How about the steps recommended at Uninstall Bitdefender

Try running the removal tools for any security program that you previously used on the computer and be sure to reboot after using each tool. See
    List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For further detailed information suggest you review the reply of quietman7 in
    this thread: Windows Defender.

“The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection,
    it is disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows
    Defender will be turned off
    (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain
    disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled
    . In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be activated if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message
    indicating your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

If that is not the case in your situation, check to make sure the Windows Defender service
    is started

Sometimes it may take a couple of computer reboots after performing the above steps to ensure Windows Defender is up and running properly.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Or - - -

There are a number of viable antivirus options available for Windows 10 – free or paid - take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Is Windows Defender The
    Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

Regards...

Le Boule, Aug 14, 2020
  4. If I turn off S Mode the Windows Defender remains intact?

windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

If I turn off S Mode the Windows Defender remains intact?

1. If I turn off S Mode the Windows Defender remains intact? - Similar Threads - turn off Mode

2. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  3. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  4. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off s mode: Hello,I have microsoft windows 11 home, I'm trying to turn off the S mode as I am unable to open Bourden Printmaster down load, can you help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-s-mode/5e264971-3503-487e-bbf6-bf1e31c68329
  5. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off s mode: Hello,I have microsoft windows 11 home, I'm trying to turn off the S mode as I am unable to open Bourden Printmaster down load, can you help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-s-mode/5e264971-3503-487e-bbf6-bf1e31c68329
  6. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I cant turn off S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant turn off S mode: Hi, so I need help with S mode in my computer. I searched a lot of ways how to turn it of and I still cant. The Microsoft store says "Check with your IT or system administrator." And it doesn't let me do anything. I even tried restarting the store, still nothing. Is there...
  8. S Mode will not turn off.

S Mode will not turn off.: So, I've been trying to turn off S mode as soon as I got this new PC. It did turn off once the moment I first got this PC But then it came back when I restarted my PC. So, I attempt to try to turn this off once again but then it leaves an infinite "Working on it..."...
  9. Windows S mode will not turn off

Windows S mode will not turn off: I switched out of "S" mode and successfully downloaded Malwarebytes and Google Chrome. now neither program will run and the system is indicating that I need to switch out of "S" mode. I thought once you were out of "S" mode there was no going back. All attempts to once again...
  10. Turn off S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Turn off S Mode: I am attempting to turn off S mode. I went to the Microsoft store and am on the page detailing turn off S mode, but there is no "get" button for me to hit. I need it off, I specifically bought this computer only for my scanner, which requires Windows. But- the Microsoft...