Windows 10: if i uninstall windows 10, will i be able to use the license on another pc?

Discus and support if i uninstall windows 10, will i be able to use the license on another pc? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i want to uninstall windows 10 from my laptop and use the digital license for it on my new pc. will this work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by leytonviner, Sep 12, 2018.

1. if i uninstall windows 10, will i be able to use the license on another pc?

i want to uninstall windows 10 from my laptop and use the digital license for it on my new pc. will this work?

:)

leytonviner, Sep 12, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

if i uninstall windows 10, will i be able to use the license on another pc?

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

if i uninstall windows 10, will i be able to use the license on another pc?

1. if i uninstall windows 10, will i be able to use the license on another pc? - Similar Threads - uninstall able license

2. Could I buy a Windows 11 license and use it in another country?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could I buy a Windows 11 license and use it in another country?: Hello I'm from India, I want to buy Windows 11 Pro Licenses and transfer it to Bangladesh. Is it possible or are there any complications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-i-buy-a-windows-11-license-and-use-it-in/74fafd4f-6cd9-4c09-b4a8-227a8b0a8de4
  3. If i delete my account from my pc will i be able to use it from another desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    If i delete my account from my pc will i be able to use it from another desktop?: Hello if i delete my account from my pc will i be able to use it from another desktop?After a while for example after 1 year without losing anyhing?...
  4. If i delete my account from my pc will i be able to use it from another desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i delete my account from my pc will i be able to use it from another desktop?: Hello if i delete my account from my pc will i be able to use it from another desktop?After a while for example after 1 year without losing anyhing?...
  5. Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?: So this is convoluted case. Back in 2013 I assembled PC and bought Windows 8 (or 8.1) BOX version. Then some time after I upgraded it to Windows 10. From that point I did clean installation of Windows 10 from USB couple times and it just activates itself, maybe it remembers...
  6. Activating windows 10 using a license being used on another pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows 10 using a license being used on another pc: Hello. I recently bought a new laptop. I am using a windows 10 pro retail license on another machine. Is there any way that I can use that license on the new laptop?...
  7. digital license used by another pc

digital license used by another pc: Unfortunately I linked another PC named DELL, installed with cracked window 8 pro version to my Microsoft account. When i download iso file of window 10 on that PC and updated it, window activate by my Microsoft linked digital license which was originally linked to my 1st PC...
  8. If I buy Forza for my current PC, will I be able to use it on another PC too?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I buy Forza for my current PC, will I be able to use it on another PC too?: I want to purchase Forza Horizon 4 as of now because its currently on offer, however, I'm getting a new PC after the deal runs out. If I purchase the game now, will I be able to use it on my new PC when it comes? If anything, I thought the game would stay on my Microsoft...
  9. How can I transfer license to another PC?

How can I transfer license to another PC?: I have a digital license on my laptop running Windows 10. I want to purchase a new laptop and transfer the license to this new machine. Can I do this?...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC

Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro version (Retail) which is on my old PC, now I got a new PC and want to activate it on that, I understand that only 1 activation may be active at once. I want to transfer from one to the other. I cannot find my product key anywhere and in...