Windows 10: If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%

Discus and support If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100% in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have an Acer computer, I just recently had it totally wiped and reinstalled Windows 10 and have Windows 10 version 1809, however now every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LornaWalker, Jan 24, 2019.

1. If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%

Hi

I have an Acer computer, I just recently had it totally wiped and reinstalled Windows 10 and have Windows 10 version 1809, however now every time I unplug my computer it shuts off within a couple of minutes the battery will be at 100% and the Windows settings says there is no problem with the battery. Do I need a new battery?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes

:)

LornaWalker, Jan 24, 2019
  2. A. User Win User

If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%

Hi

I have an Acer computer, I just recently had it totally wiped and reinstalled Windows 10 and have Windows 10 version 1809, however now every time I unplug my computer it shuts off within a couple of minutes the battery will be at 100% and the Windows settings
    says there is no problem with the battery. Do I need a new battery?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes

A. User, Dec 16, 2019
  3. If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your PC is shutting down when it is not connected to the charger. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers or if the battery itself is faulty, Let us try few troubleshooting steps and check what exactly
    is causing this issue:

Method 1: Run the inbuilt power troubleshooter.

To do that,

1. Tap on
    Windows + I on the keyboard.

2. Click on
    Update & Security.

3. Now click on the
    Troubleshoot option.

4. Select the
    Power option and Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: If the issue persists uninstall the battery drivers.

To do that,

1. Type
    devmgmt.msc in the Windows search bar and tap on Enter.

2. Expand and uninstall all the drivers under
    Batteries.

3. Restart your PC. This will reinstall all the battery drivers.

Method 3: Perform power drain. To do that, remove and re-insert the battery.

If the issue persists, it might be because of faulty battery. I suggest you to contact

Acer support
    for further help.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 16, 2019
  4. If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%

Computer Shuts off once Unplugged

So my computer says my battery is at 95%, plugged in and not charging. However the computer shuts off the moment I unplug the power cord.

I've done the following things to attempt to fix:

1) Uninstalled all battery drivers and reinstalled them.

2) Shut off the machine, removed the battery. Rebooted with only power cord, then shut off insert battery and reboot.

3) Run a battery report

The battery is only 2 months old and has approximately 60 charge cycles. So it in theory should not be to the point where it needs to be replaced.

MichelleJensen2, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%

1. If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100% - Similar Threads - unplug computer shuts

2. Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged: Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged. First it goes off when the battery is about 50% low but now it goes off even when is above 50%....
  3. Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged: Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged. First it goes off when the battery is about 50% low but now it goes off even when is above 50%....
  4. I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off: Hello, Last week I changed the battery of my computer because after running DELL pre-boot system it told me that my battery was at the end of its life.Since the same size of battery wasn't available in the country I'm in I bought the laptop in France but I live in Thailand...
  5. I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off: Hello, Last week I changed the battery of my computer because after running DELL pre-boot system it told me that my battery was at the end of its life.Since the same size of battery wasn't available in the country I'm in I bought the laptop in France but I live in Thailand...
  6. I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. computer shuts off after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer shuts off after 2 minutes: My computer goes off after 2 minutes , every thing is set to never. Talked with windows and microsoft and they said it needed a new driver and they were helping me to find the new driver but it wasn't were they directed and me while I was looking for the driver the computer...
  8. Battery Low even though it’s on 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Low even though it’s on 100%: Whenever I turn my laptop on it says “battery low” I unplugged it even though it’s at 100%. It also is opening apps slowly and loading things slowly. When I click the windows key, it loads slowly. How do I fix this?? Is there something wrong with my battery? Is there any...
  9. If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem?: Weird situation but I know it only happens if I unplug my laptop. I'm assuming that I might need to get my battery replaced and if that is the case should I replace the battery my self or get professional help. I have seen many posts saying that you need to replace your...
  10. Computer types dash every couple of minutes, even with keyboard plugged out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer types dash every couple of minutes, even with keyboard plugged out: The issue is what the title states, how should find what program might be doing this? I tested the issue by leaving the cursor on a text field and plugging the keyboard out. In about 10 minutes there were 3 dashes without me touching anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. even after 100% battery charge computershuts