Windows 10: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

Discus and support If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Loganellis4, May 22, 2022.

1. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc

:)

Loganellis4, May 22, 2022
  2. Smitty W. Win User

Unplugging power cord and holding the power button. PC won't turn on

Okay so I attempted to fix a Windows 10 usb problem by following a month old forum. The instructions were:

1. Unplug the power cord from desktop computer.
    2. Hold in the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds until the light goes off. This kills the reserve power.
    3. Unplug all of your USB cords from the back of your machine as well as any flash drive or any other USB
      device that is plugged into your computer.
    4. Insert the power plug back into your computer and power it up. Allow it to completely load everything
      that it needs to before you do anything else.
    5. Now start plugging your USB devices back into your computer one at a time while waiting for them to
      indicate that they are recognized. Do this with each one of your devices until all have been recognized.
    6. Now right/click on computer or This PC and choose Manage / Device Manager /USB Serial Controllers and
      check to see if any of them have the yellow tag. They should not have if the problem is corrected.

Unfortunately I only got to Step 4, when I press the power button nothing turns on. So now I'm at a complete loss. The only thing that seems to turn on though, would be the lights to my led keyboard when I plug it in. Anyways, how do I fix/turn on my PC again?

Here's a link to the forum: Unknown USB device in Windows 10

Smitty W., May 22, 2022
  3. windows 10 install 10 srceen blank unless I unplug power cord

installed windows 10 after that screen goes black when power cord plug in unplug power cord and windows 10 works fine. why

StevenRoozen, May 22, 2022
  4. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

PC on but black screen/unplug power cord scree comes on

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that when you plug-in the power cord the computer is not booting. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

1. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

2. When you plug-in the power cord to the laptop, is the laptop charging?

3. Are you facing this issue after installing the update?

Let’s try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: We would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer website to check for the latest BIOS version & chipset driver and install it to check if it helps.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check the issue.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

1) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and select Troubleshooting Now select view all option on the left pane.

2) Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Method 3: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Right click on the start menu and select control panel.
    • In the category select small icons.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 22, 2022
Thema:

If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

1. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off - Similar Threads - unplug power cord

2. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  3. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  4. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  5. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  6. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  7. Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged: I have an Asus X302LJ and immediately when I unplugg the power cord, the screen goes blank turns off Not a driver issue, it does the same even in the bios screen. Here are the list of conditions/symptoms - when unplugging the cord, screen turns off, when plugged in,...
  8. Black screen after unplugging power cord help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after unplugging power cord help: I unplugged the power cord to move my pc somewhere else in my house and when it started up, there was a black screen with windows logo but no loading dots please tell me how to fix this [IMG]...
  9. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...
  10. Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on my ASUS N61JQ laptop. Immediately upon unplugging the power cord, the screen on the laptop turns off. Battery is at 100% charge. With a second monitor attached, the second monitor is unaffected and stays on. Power plan settings say: On battery...