Windows 10: If i update my device will i lose my stuff?

Discus and support If i update my device will i lose my stuff? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As i am trying to download something it says you have to update your device if i click on update now will my data be deleted?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MutaharNisar, Jan 24, 2021.

1. If i update my device will i lose my stuff?

As i am trying to download something it says you have to update your device if i click on update now will my data be deleted?

:)

MutaharNisar, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

If i update my device will i lose my stuff?

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

If i update my device will i lose my stuff?

1. If i update my device will i lose my stuff? - Similar Threads - update device lose

2. i lose my wireless internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i lose my wireless internet: i lose my wireless internet connection once or twice every hour.i have tried reseting my network and deleting my driver and installing it again. i have basically tried everything and nothing has worked. windows 10, hp. all other computers in the house work but mine is the...
  3. I logged on to my computer and half of my stuff is gone

I logged on to my computer and half of my stuff is gone: Hello today is 2020-05-13 and today I have to do my work while last night my computer was working fine. But what I find strange about all my folders and downloads disappearing including I'm a student and I had work saved that was not saved on a one drive, that it all happened...
  4. Will I lose my downloads if I shut down my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I lose my downloads if I shut down my PC?: So I was downloading Forza Horizon 3 when suddenly power to my pc cut. So I rebooted the pc knowing "shutting down your computer doesn't interrupt any downloads when you reboot the download will continue" but to my horror it didn't, it started all over again. So i restarted...
  5. If I upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, will I lose my device drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If I upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, will I lose my device drivers?: I have a Huawei Matebook13 2020 edition because I live in China. It comes pre-installed with a Chinese version of windows which will not allow you to change the language at all. It's an ultrabook with touch screen, fingerprint ID, all kinds of bells and whistles. If I were...
  6. Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I lose my product key if I wipe my hard drives?: I am currently download Windows 10 media from the media creator onto my USB and I am planning to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. And I'm very sure once you boot into the Windows 10 Installer you get the option to format your hard drives. So, my question is: Will I lose my...
  7. I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop: I have a desktop folder full of files and such, but I did something by accident and now the items that are in my desktop folder don't show on my desktop screen. Can you help? Thanks...
  8. i did a update and all my stuff is gone

i did a update and all my stuff is gone: I did a update and all my stuff is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-update-and-all-my-stuff-is-gone/77ef77ff-5c62-49ec-b73f-12cec50eeb11"
  9. will i lose my files if i update my windows 10 to windows 10 update 1903??

will i lose my files if i update my windows 10 to windows 10 update 1903??: i dunno if i will lose my files or not :cccc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-lose-my-files-if-i-update-my-windows-10-to/711bc3ee-1499-4e34-8ba6-f4337a7308f1
  10. Will I lose my license?

Will I lose my license?: So, I currently have a Windows 10 Pro license upgraded from Windows 8.1. If I buy a new SSD, and install Windows 10 using the same CD-Key which my current Windows 10 has (no other hardware change, only SSD) will that work or will I have to buy a new license? 59237