Windows 10: If i update my device will i lose my stuff?

Discus and support If i update my device will i lose my stuff? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As i am trying to download something it says you have to update your device if i click on update now will my data be deleted?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MutaharNisar, Jan 24, 2021.

1. If i update my device will i lose my stuff?

As i am trying to download something it says you have to update your device if i click on update now will my data be deleted?

:)

MutaharNisar, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

If i update my device will i lose my stuff?

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

If i update my device will i lose my stuff?

1. If i update my device will i lose my stuff? - Similar Threads - update device lose

2. So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???: Hi AllSo I have a question before about "new" Notepad and how it is extremely UN-user friendly by opening multiple tabs and the like. So I changed the setting, saw that I had two versions of the same notepad document open. Saved the updated one and closed the otherNext time I...
  3. So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???: Hi AllSo I have a question before about "new" Notepad and how it is extremely UN-user friendly by opening multiple tabs and the like. So I changed the setting, saw that I had two versions of the same notepad document open. Saved the updated one and closed the otherNext time I...
  4. will i lose my data if i install KB3138612 update on my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will i lose my data if i install KB3138612 update on my windows: i have stuff i dont want to lose and i am worried that i am going to lose it if i install it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-lose-my-data-if-i-install-kb3138612-update/ea4eaacb-1ebb-4201-89f7-be649e9875e5
  5. will i lose my data if i install KB3138612 update on my windows

will i lose my data if i install KB3138612 update on my windows: i have stuff i dont want to lose and i am worried that i am going to lose it if i install it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-lose-my-data-if-i-install-kb3138612-update/ea4eaacb-1ebb-4201-89f7-be649e9875e5
  6. I need help with my apps and stuff

I need help with my apps and stuff: Hello! in december of 2020 i got my laptop for school, I use it a lot and It has a lot of problems with windows, its a HP laptop probook and it wont let me access; calculator, microsoft store, films and tv, photos, camera. I have recently updated to windows 11 thinking it...
  7. If i sign in, will i get my stuff back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i sign in, will i get my stuff back: ok so my microsoft account was hacked so i signed out of the microsoft account from my pc. i lost all my stuff there like my downloaded apps except for a few apps for some reason files etc. if i get the account back and sign in will i get all of that stuff back. also how long...
  8. If i sign in, will i get my stuff back

If i sign in, will i get my stuff back: ok so my microsoft account was hacked so i signed out of the microsoft account from my pc. i lost all my stuff there like my downloaded apps except for a few apps for some reason files etc. if i get the account back and sign in will i get all of that stuff back. also how long...
  9. i did a update and all my stuff is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i did a update and all my stuff is gone: I did a update and all my stuff is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-update-and-all-my-stuff-is-gone/77ef77ff-5c62-49ec-b73f-12cec50eeb11"
  10. Will I lose my license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I lose my license?: So, I currently have a Windows 10 Pro license upgraded from Windows 8.1. If I buy a new SSD, and install Windows 10 using the same CD-Key which my current Windows 10 has (no other hardware change, only SSD) will that work or will I have to buy a new license? 59237