Windows 10: If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...

Discus and support If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,I am wondering about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 now if I upgrade my current operating system will I lose all my desktop icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by annaogier1987, Oct 18, 2023.

1. If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...

Hi all,I am wondering about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 now if I upgrade my current operating system will I lose all my desktop icons meaning would I have to start again from scratch? I am not formatting the drive or anything so I know nothing will be lost I'm just concerned about my desktop icons and will I lose everything when I upgrade? I know some things aren't going to run like Steam from next year and Spotify keeps telling me my operating system is out of date so what I am wondering is am I better off staying on Windows 7 or am I better off upgrading to Windows 10?Also another

:)

annaogier1987, Oct 18, 2023
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 18, 2023
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Oct 18, 2023
  4. Nordic Win User

If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 18, 2023
Thema:

If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...

1. If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything... - Similar Threads - upgrade lose desktop

2. If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...: Hi all,I am wondering about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 now if I upgrade my current operating system will I lose all my desktop icons meaning would I have to start again from scratch? I am not formatting the drive or anything so I know nothing will be lost I'm just...
  3. If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...: Hi all,I am wondering about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 now if I upgrade my current operating system will I lose all my desktop icons meaning would I have to start again from scratch? I am not formatting the drive or anything so I know nothing will be lost I'm just...
  4. can i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 without losing everything on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 without losing everything on my desktop: I want to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to 10 but I don't want to lose everything on my computer like pictures and videos and music and google favorites. Is this possible to do?...
  5. can i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 without losing everything on my desktop

can i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 without losing everything on my desktop: I want to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to 10 but I don't want to lose everything on my computer like pictures and videos and music and google favorites. Is this possible to do?...
  6. Will I lose everything?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will I lose everything?: Hi I’m making the message on my old email that I don’t have the password too and therefore can’t go onto my email, my Microsoft has the password saved but it’s not the same as my email. I made the new alternate email to my current email and now my main question is will I be...
  7. Will I lose everything?

Will I lose everything?: Hi I’m making the message on my old email that I don’t have the password too and therefore can’t go onto my email, my Microsoft has the password saved but it’s not the same as my email. I made the new alternate email to my current email and now my main question is will I be...
  8. If I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will I lose all my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will I lose all my files?: If I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will I lose all my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-from-windows-10-to-11-will-i-lose-all/4b5cb0cb-c496-45a0-8161-bd052b7b0c43
  9. If I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will I lose all my files?

If I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will I lose all my files?: If I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will I lose all my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-from-windows-10-to-11-will-i-lose-all/4b5cb0cb-c496-45a0-8161-bd052b7b0c43
  10. If I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will I lose all my files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade